Lowrance Elite 5 Questions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[/quote]
No its not a fuse. Its called an inline filter. Just not sure what it filters. I just mean running them off the same battery but from different post on the same battery. Thanks[/quote]

Huh? Do you have a photo of that filter? If it is a filter that came with your unit, that's something new from Lowrance. Please post a photo if possible.

Here are some pics

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394939619522.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394939619522.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 612
  • uploadfromtaptalk1394939661987.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394939661987.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 612
I just rewired my boat and realized that I forgot to put the filter back, I would love to know what it filters. Guess I better splice it back in there.

It filters out electrical interference from horns, engine ignitions, radios and trolling motors.

For instance, my fishfinder "blanks" every time I use my trolling motor on that same battery. If my unit had one of those filters, it probably wouldn't do that.

-TH

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=347314#p347314 said:
thill » 03 Apr 2014, 08:30[/url]"]It filters out electrical interference from horns, engine ignitions, radios and trolling motors.

For instance, my fishfinder "blanks" every time I use my trolling motor on that same battery. If my unit had one of those filters, it probably wouldn't do that.

-TH
I would bet that's it too Like and RFI Filter , Could be something that converts the signal too but probably proprietary info they wont share if that's the case