lowrance X85 ??????

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BCOWANWHEELS

Reaction score
Well my neighbor seen me pull in my new old starcraft and today he brought me up a lowrance X85 fish finder for "us" to use when "we" go fishing. I didnt say anything but thanks and "we'll" give it and the boat some good workouts. anyway does anybody have any imput on this model of lowrance f/f ? I realize anything is better than nothing. seems to be in nce condition. thoughts ?
thanks
bob in tn.

i had a '95 model X85 on my old stratos. it was old but it did work. i honestly dont use fishfinders for much other than for depth readings and detecting dropoffs, and pretty much any old sounder will do that

if your neighbor has the power cable and transducer for it, i think it will serve you fine as long as you arent looking for structure, thermoclines or what have you

I would think it would work fine for finding those drop offs and structure such as stumps, bumps and humps in the bottom. I have an old tx37 or 37tx, and usually when I saw a black hump that looked like a stump, I usually caught a fish. the unit may not have shown any fish around the black hump due to lack of definition but I still caught fish.

GUYS I NEED ALL THE help i can get to catch fish. i,am the worlds worst fisherman but i enjoy just going.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=332175#p332175 said:
BCOWANWHEELS » Yesterday, 20:16[/url]"]GUYS I NEED ALL THE help i can get to catch fish. i,am the worlds worst fisherman but i enjoy just going.
oh i might have you beat, but i know what you mean. thats why i dont spend a lot of $$$ on fishfinders... huge investment on little return!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=332175#p332175 said:
BCOWANWHEELS » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:16 pm[/url]"]GUYS I NEED ALL THE help i can get to catch fish. i,am the worlds worst fisherman but i enjoy just going.

The sonar and gps is the most important thing on my boat! Learn to use it and you will be able to "see" the bottom. Bass LOVE structure - find the structure and find the fish.

And by structure it might be something as small as a branch in the water or a rock - the bass are gonna hang under it or next to it

I hardly ever catch fish that I find on the sonar - but I often catch fish on objects that I mark!

Latest posts