mac vs pc

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You really should try Ubuntu. The learning curve has all but disappeared. My wife does not have a techy bone in her body and after a two minute overview was reading her Yahoo email and surfing the web with Ubuntu. She really could care less that Windows no longer resides in this house.

If you're technology savy enough, build your own Computer, You can build it for what exactly you want it for too, examples, Design and editting high end powerful processer and a lot of ram, but the Graphics card doesn't have to be all that great, For gaming, High end Sound Card, Processor, Ram and Hard drive. Also with building your own computer you don't get those ads and other stuff on your computers that you don't want that way you have a clean slate and when you first get it doesn't run a tad bit slower then it should.

Research this. Its worth it in my opinion.

iowa_wildcat said:
Am I the only person here that bought a PC and then immediately installed Ubuntu as my operating system?

Nope, we run Linux (or some kind of derivative) on 95% of the computers in the house. There's still a dualboot XP machine that almost never runs MS because I need it to upload firmware to a few machines and the manufacturer requires XP. Other than that, everyone - including a non-geek wife and a 3yo - all use and have no problems at all with Linux, daily.