Major upgrade to boat and motorcycle

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonny1

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Upgrades done to boat and bike. The boat will float better and the bike will go faster. Two hip replacements and no Exercise ended up tipping the scale at 303 pounds. Three months later we are now at 275 pounds. No shots or gimmicks Just determine to get down to 190 pounds.

Major lifestyle changes like that are tough ! No way around it, gotta have the right mindset and guts to work thru it. While I haven't had a serious weight issue, I can remember quiting smoking. When my kids started questioning me about it...what could I say...tossed away everything smoking related, repainted the inside of the house, stayed away from people that smoked and replaced my vehicle with a nonsmoking vehicle. Cold turkey was tough, but one day at a time...it can be done, yesvthere will be bad days but it can be done. Congrats to those that have worked hard to make these difficult changes !!

Major lifestyle changes like that are tough ! No way around it, gotta have the right mindset and guts to work thru it. While I haven't had a serious weight issue, I can remember quiting smoking. When my kids started questioning me about it...what could I say...tossed away everything smoking related, repainted the inside of the house, stayed away from people that smoked and replaced my vehicle with a nonsmoking vehicle. Cold turkey was tough, but one day at a time...it can be done, yesvthere will be bad days but it can be done. Congrats to those that have worked hard to make these difficult changes !!

Yep, I would say at least 90% mental. Especially when doing the cold turkey with cigarettes. Mrs Ldubs and I quite smoking at the same time. Was pretty easy once we decided to be serious about it.

Last year I just went from 270 to 182. Off all meds (diabetic) and everything's better. Eat much different and less now though. Intermittent fasting for about a year.

Keep up the good work! Several years back I did the Keto Carnivore diet and went from 265lbs down to 195lb. My L1-S1 are in bad shape and doc told me if I wanted to avoid major back surgery as long as possible than I needed to lose as much weight as possible. Its worked so far I had to have a discectomy last year but no fusions thank goodness.

Three back surgeries already but doing good for now. My doctor said the same.

I have had two complete hip replacements and now looking at a complete knee replacement. Back has been getting shots for the last four years. Figure I will lose the weight and then get the knee done. Hoping after losing the weight and getting the knee fixed may not require the back surgery. Besides this is the first time in my life I have weighed this much norm is around 180 to 200. Not a Harley rider so being fat is not cool.

I have had two complete hip replacements and now looking at a complete knee replacement. Back has been getting shots for the last four years. Figure I will lose the weight and then get the knee done. Hoping after losing the weight and getting the knee fixed may not require the back surgery. Besides this is the first time in my life I have weighed this much norm is around 180 to 200. Not a Harley rider so being fat is not cool.

"Not a Harley rider so being fat is not cool."

Son of a gun. I just spit my drink all over my laptop screen.

Keep up the good work! Several years back I did the Keto Carnivore diet and went from 265lbs down to 195lb. My L1-S1 are in bad shape and doc told me if I wanted to avoid major back surgery as long as possible than I needed to lose as much weight as possible. Its worked so far I had to have a discectomy last year but no fusions thank goodness.

That Keto Carnivore diet, how is the maintenance plan after you got to your target weight? So far I'm just cutting back on carbs, but not eliminating them. Also eating less.

I have a basic menu. Three eggs over easy Three pieces of bacon and dry toast every morning. Lunch is Salad with low calorie dressing. Dinner is usually two packs of frozen vegetables. Snacks are fruit. The only time I fall off my diet is beer. I drink Coors Lite but I know that ain't right but when am working on the boat a couple of beers sure taste good. I have found in order to keep my energy level up a few pumpkin or sunflower seeds sprinkled over the salad or frozen vegetables works .

Same here but not the beer. Eggs and breakfast meat for breakfast (or anytime really), Salad or soup or sandwich for lunch and premade meat dish with canned or frozen or fresh vegetables. Strawberry's usually for desert. Small portions. I make up my main supper meals in advance and freeze them. Chicken, hamburger steak or pork loin usually.

Attachments

• PXL_20210319_004121086.jpg
    PXL_20210319_004121086.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20210522_225256997.jpg
    PXL_20210522_225256997.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 0
I try to avg no more than 100g carb a day. It's worked I hover around 195lbs to this day.

Awesome. Thanks.

I haven't counted carbs. Probably should start doing that.

Mrs Ldubs got this Oroweat Keto bread. I can't stand the sliced bread. Won't eat it. The Oroweat Keto burger and hotdog buns are pretty decent when toasted. Stuff is pricey at the regular super markets. We the buns from Sam's Club when they have it. Sam's Club also sells low carb flower tortillas. Pretty decent for making all kinds of things.

Awesome. Thanks.

I haven't counted carbs. Probably should start doing that.

Mrs Ldubs got this Oroweat Keto bread. I can't stand the sliced bread. Won't eat it. The Oroweat Keto burger and hotdog buns are pretty decent when toasted. Stuff is pricey at the regular super markets. We the buns from Sam's Club when they have it. Sam's Club also sells low carb flower tortillas. Pretty decent for making all kinds of things.
Look for 647 brand ...they have bread buns and even bagels now...not carb free but very low carbs per slice

I'm on the starvation diet. I just don't eat. Only dinner. I don't count anything or get on the scale. Lost 37 lbs a year ago, gained like 5 back and now my leg hurts again, my PSA jumped, and so did my blood pressure. 10 days of not eating and the BP is dropping daily. Bet the PSA is too. Aiming for 145. I liked being skinny. Never been fat, but sure not skinny anymore. Sucks to get old. When I was a kid all I had to do was stop drinking beer for 2 weeks and I'd drop 10 lbs.

Latest posts