Meanmouth's Project--Finished--Page 10

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MeanMouth said:
If you say so :lol:

I actually just had to... those jackasses at fishmatepro livewells couldn't make a straight cut on the lip around my livewell so I had to deal with that today... measured 5/8" longer on one end compared to the other 3 corners... hmmm... :-s

dyeguy1212 said:
MeanMouth said:
If you say so :lol:

I actually just had to... those jackasses at fishmatepro livewells couldn't make a straight cut on the lip around my livewell so I had to deal with that today... measured 5/8" longer on one end compared to the other 3 corners... hmmm... :-s
Wow, that's a big difference, but it's going to look great!

I sure hope so.. I'm brainstorming a way to put some sort of trim around the lip.. like a small piece of black rubber tube with a slit that fits all around the edge or something.

I remember seeing something similar at Cabelas but it was outrageously priced.

I shoulda took the easy way out and used a cooler like everybody else...

dyeguy1212 said:
I sure hope so.. I'm brainstorming a way to put some sort of trim around the lip.. like a small piece of black rubber tube with a slit that fits all around the edge or something.

How about door edge guards normally used for cars and trucks?

MeanMouth said:
dyeguy1212 said:

Could work, as long as its not too spongy.

dyeguy1212 said:
MeanMouth said:
dyeguy1212 said:

Could work, as long as its not too spongy.
No, they're usually hard rubber or plastic. Something like https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Doo...temZ160413333729QQptZLHQ5fDefaultDomainQ5f100

Brine said:
jl-327 said:
My local Advance Auto agreed to match Ace's price (74.99) - my local Ace stores didn't stock it but you can order it online and have it shipped to the store for free - I just took the info from the Ace website showing price and free ship to store info - and Advance matched the price and I had it the same day.

They wouldn't budge off their price for me in GA, so I guess it's an individual location decision. How about posting up the store that did. I'd like to talk to them.

Thanks,
Brine

Here you go. I called them before I went in to ask if they'd do it. Was told "no problem" on the phone, it was a snap @ the store.

Advance Auto Parts - Store 5097
2514 BATTLEGROUND AVE.
GREENSBORO,NC 27408
336-545-9091

jl-327 said:
Here you go. I called them before I went in to ask if they'd do it. Was told "no problem" on the phone, it was a snap @ the store.

Advance Auto Parts - Store 5097
2514 BATTLEGROUND AVE.
GREENSBORO,NC 27408
336-545-9091

As I thought..... Just called and spoke with Bradley, who in turn referred me to Ivan (Store Manager) who said, "No, we cannot match that price. Price is $89.99" After saying, I had a friend who said he had gotten that deal, I was told "Not at this store."

Glad to hear it worked for you though.

haven't look at your mod in awhile. but it looks like you are doing one he-- of a job ..

Alright, so we let the two coats of Herculiner cure. It looks great and I'm impressed with how durable it is after setting up. Here's a closeup for anyone considering this route:
P1020145.jpg

My Dad finished building and installing the battery tray, and I'll get a picture of that soon, but some goodies came today, so it's finally starting to come together.
P1020146.jpg

Next up is applying the Herculiner to the sheets of aluminum for the flooring, and also to the diamond plate which is the deck. An exterior paint job is also in the plans.

LOWEshooter829 said:
That herculiner looks great...I would like to do something like that in my boat.

My only question is how much grip does that stuff have when it gets wet?
It's great, because that's what it was designed for. It began as a liner made for truck beds, but is now used anywhere that needs a durable, yet slightly flexible material.

A gallon of black will run you about $80, with Gray, Red and White Herculiner costing more. You want traction, this and other bedliner materials will suite your project nicely.

That looks good but would you post pic of a larger inside veiw of the boat as to give us a better look.
Thanks and keep up the good work

lets see some more of the herculiner! id do this if i wasnt carpeting my sides! May do this to the back where batter goes

dixie_boysles said:
lets see some more of the herculiner! id do this if i wasnt carpeting my sides! May do this to the back where batter goes
I'll get some more shots of it when we flip the boat back over cause we laid down the top coat today, so the paint needs to cure.

Here's the 15 footer after I grinded, sanded with 400 grit, and wiped down with mineral spirits. The adhered paint is in great shape, so roughing it up was the main goal.

Here's the boat after the Rustoleum Self Etching Primer (dark coat). This needs to be applied wherever there is bare aluminum.

And then the final Rustoleum top coat, which is OD Green.

Troutman3000 said:
Where can you get this Herculiner and how much does it cost?

For what it is worth, I got a gallon of black Herculiner on Ebay for $54.99. I don't know if you want a different color. Those are more exspensive (at least my gray Herculiner was).

Lots done today, so here we go: First is the battery tray; Dad made it out of aluminum angle, riveted together

2-1.jpg

The casting deck will be two parts; both cut from diamond plate. The front here has the trolling motor mount, a hatch which is the access for the battery, and the pedestal base installed

4-2.jpg

This is the second piece to the deck which goes behind the larger front piece. Once again, cut from diamond plate and a large hatch for storing gear, lifejackets, etc.

5-1.jpg

The insulation sheets shown here were cut and installed inbetween the ribs. We purchased two 4'x8' sheets, and the insulation provides a nice base for the flooring.

1-3.jpg

Dad screwed the aluminum flooring down, installed the pedestals and now we're ready for the Herculiner to be applied to the floor and the casting deck. The floor is solid, and we're very happy with the outcome thus far.

3-2.jpg

Latest posts