mercury 110 9.8 help(first time owner)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayson_yoskovich

Reaction score
hello everyone,i recently bought a 14 foot aluminum boat with a mercury 110 9.8 serial number 2088087 and its not spitting the water out so i changed the impeller on it and it still does nothing,no water coming out.what should i do.any help would be appreciated,thanks

Make sure the Pee Hole is not clogged. My Merc 9.8 used to do that occaisionslly. take a piece of wire and insert it in the hole, it may be clogged.

Impeller in backwards?Do you care to explain?There is no way an impeller can be put in backwards.Maybe turn the motor over backwards when installing impeller,but installing impeller backwards,I don't think so. [-X

Impeller in backwards?Do you care to explain?There is no way an impeller can be put in backwards.Maybe turn the motor over backwards when installing impeller,but installing impeller backwards,I don't think so.

i mean backwards as in the way the fins are bent

The fins should go back to where they need to when the motor ran. That motor may have a thermostat my buddies 9.8 did follow the hose from the pee hole to the block where it goes in there could be a housing holding a thermostat like your car would take it out completely and see if it pees now

Latest posts