Mercury outboard question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sako

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I would appreciate some help or advise. I am starting a mod project on a 14ft MirroCraft. The boat came with no motor and a broken down trailer. I have been on the hunt for an outboard motor for it. I could not spend the big money on something new or newer and today I think I scored this 1968 or 69 Mercury 9.8hp 110 from Craigslist. The guy told me his dad had it since new and maintained it very well. I guess he garaged it four years ago and it has not been started since. Well, when I got home, I noticed that the end of the gas line from the tank has the part that should be on the motor broken inside of it. It is hard to explain, but if you look at my photo's, it is the photo on the bottom left. What should be my next step to test this out. I have never owned a gas outboard, only electric trolling motors. Any help/ guidance would be appreciated. I am pretty handy, but not a mechanic. Oh yeah, I paid $160 for it.

https://s709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/sarkis/

What I would do is go with an aftermarket quick disconnect. You could always just plumb it so that it is not quick disconnect but that would be aggravating. Most marine places sell both sides of the quick connect so you should be good to go. I can't look a photobucket at work, but you should be able to get it fixed. I found the factory part at oldmercs.com and is was 65.76 so you might be better off going aftermarket.

I can't really tell by the pictures but it looks right to me. you should push the line on and twist it a 1/4 turn. squeeze the fuel bulb and see what happens. if fuel goes everywhere then i would replace it. Doesn't look broke, from what I can tell.

old merc.com is great place.But if you have a bass pro near by then go there i now for a fact they sale the end that goes on the hose and i think you mite be-able to get the other end also.If not you will find something that will work.
good luck

hello just to let you know bass pro sales both male and female ends about under 10.00$ each not sure about year but you can make it work.
i was there today and looked