MINE ALL MINE!!! Lowe 1436

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I have seen those lights on eBay...but I was hesitant to buy. I am looking forward to seeing what they look like on the boat post some pics when you do please.

Just a question concerning size? What are the deminsions of your boat front to back and side to side both top of the gunwales and at the bottom of the gunwales?

its 14ft long, 36inches wide on the bottom and i am not sure of the width at the top? i know that the 4ft wide piece of ply wood fits in across the bench so id say somewhere around 52inches or more across the top?

well unfortunately my first attempt at the front deck didnt work out so well!!! measure measure measure! lol... so a whole sheet of plywood had to get scraped for whatever i could use it for. so the middle deck is still the previous owner's pressure treated plywood just with my new carpet on it. i will replace it soon and i will probably cut notches for the boat braces similar to what i did on my 1430...

the open sides do bother me cause a couple rogue fish have already flopped under the decking once or twice! lol...[/quote]

Haha, gotcha. I notched by front end floor and its not perfect as far as being right up on the side of the boat, but not far enough away for a fish to slip in..

Your livewell looks great. With all of these additions, do you have 2 batteries? I have one for my trolling. Id like to add some electronics like a fish finder and bilger pump, but not sure how to go about it. Could I put those clip on my bilge like you did and leave the wires off to the side until needed...? Or should I buy one of those small batteries for that and my finder? Stuck on that one...

as of now i am just running one battery... its BIG deep cycle! but i dont have everything wired up yet and i havent decided what to do for batteries? i dont keep the livewell running full time and dont use the trolling motor all that much? so maybe just the one deep cycle will be enough? i am also considering adding a solar panel charger to give a little more juice while im on the water?

got some work done on the trailer tonight... made the bunks and switched the boats/trailers all by myself!!! wow my Lowe is HEAVY!!!! haha...

trailerbunks.jpg

inlovewithsurfin said:
got some work done on the trailer tonight... made the bunks and switched the boats/trailers all by myself!!! wow my Lowe is HEAVY!!!! haha...

trailerbunks.jpg

Looks good man. Did you sell the other boat?

not yet... had a guy come look at it tonight though! hes pretty interested but offering alot less than what i am asking. he seemed like a nice guy and im not opposed to giving him a good deal as long as i make a little money for my effort. im not trying to rip anyone off!

Boat looks great, I'm debating on make my front deck go all the way behind the middle bench seat like yours. How's the stability on the front seat while realing in a monster?

to be honest i havent fished off the front of my own boat yet! lol... i typically go fishing with someone else. usually my fiance... but last weekend my fiance AND her father were fishing off the front deck together at the same time and we had no complants or stability issues.

i like the deck extending all the way from one bench to another cause i feel like it creates more flat floor space

inlovewithsurfin said:
to be honest i havent fished off the front of my own boat yet! lol... i typically go fishing with someone else. usually my fiance... but last weekend my fiance AND her father were fishing off the front deck together at the same time and we had no complants or stability issues.

i like the deck extending all the way from one bench to another cause i feel like it creates more flat floor space

All right I'm confenced, I'm stealing your idea if you don't mind. I also like the idea of the added storage underneath. Never can have enough storage. I don't like things laying out across the deck.

did a little fishing today and slacked off on work on the boat... i wanted to build some little compartments and run all the wiring/lights... maybe another day! :)

caught some crappie, bass, bluegill, catfish, yellow perch, white perch, and even my first muskie! (thats a stinky fish!!!)

8252.jpg

my brother-in-law's first crappie
8251.jpg

the biggest bass he's ever caught... 1 and 1/2lbs (he was skinny but long!)
8253.jpg

my first muskie!
8256.jpg

8257.jpg

8255.jpg

8254.jpg

and yes.. three people is crowded on the boat!!! but it works

Not to sound like a know it all, but I don't think thats a muskie. It's either a northern pike or a chain pickerel. Muskie have stripes and pike have light spots on a dark body. Definitely a nice buffet of fish. And a pretty sweet boat too. My first tin was a Meyers 1442 that I modded about 10 years ago, long before I found this site. Keep up the good work. And thanks for serving our country. I love your enthusiasm abou your builds.

I'm thinking chain pickerel,because of the tear drop black strip on the eye.
Been watching your build(s) and it's really nice to see someone enjoying what it is all about.
Nice catching and continue having fun.

What are you doing for the wiring?

Talons
p.s. I need wiring ideas... And I haven't even got the fuel system worked out yet... BLEH!