Minn Kota 80# Fortrex ??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nam6869usmc

Reaction score
My batteries are showing 26.8 Volts fresh charge when I go out, when I get in the water my GPS top speed is 3.5mph, I do troll on #40(4) at a speed of 1.8mph for about an hour. The rest of the time approx. (5 hours) we just work the shore line for Bass. Now for two straight days I noticed my Fortrex sounds a little weak coming back to the ramp on high & my top speed is only 2.5 mph...when I got home I checked my batteries and they are showing 25volts. I'm loosing 1 mph on 25 volts remaining charge , is this normal??. There is a distinct sound difference.

P.S. the Fortrex 80 is only 12 months old..

how far away is your batteries from the minn kota? the longer the power cable the more power you will loose. you want your batteries as close as possible, with longer cables your motor has to work harder to pull the amps through the cable and power loss and exessive heat can occur.....

Remove the prop and check to make sure you have not picked up anything. Sometimes fishing line behind the prop will slow a motor way down.

Latest posts