minn-kota installed on the bow

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmy fins

Reaction score
I took my old minn-kota and decided to give it a go instead of shelling out $500.00 on a powerdrive unit. I like how it turned out, :eek: just need to test it on the water to see.

I cut two pieces of 3/4" plywood and fastened it on the bow with bolts to give the motor something to sink its teeth in. I believe its close enough to the center of the bow to maneuver the boat? Will see.

Jim

Attachments

• P2190046.JPG
    P2190046.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,436
  • P2190047.JPG
    P2190047.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,436
Tdot_Lund said:
something you may want to try is flipping the motor around, than you can have the handle facing you and still using it as usual

I was wondering about doing this myself. Are the tiller trolling motors able to have the motor or controls rotated 180 and usedup front?

I have and older 17 lbs thrust I was going to use for now. I was hoping to do that to it. And when and if I upgrade I was thinking I could do the same and save alot of money by getting a tiller and just using it like that.

P2200046.JPGP2200047.JPGP2200049.JPGP2200050.JPGI gave it a go. Not to hard just a @#$# getting the nut back on in the upper housing with the wire harness. But its done.

Here are some picture of what I did.

Jim

Latest posts