Mixed bag this morning

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
Went fishing on the Fox River this morning. Using fathead and jigs managed to pick up 6 Drum, 4 Large Mouth Bass, 2 small Walleye, 1 1 3/4lb Channel Cat and an 8" Northern. Weather was nice and I had an enjoyable day, except for when the rod locker lid closed on my nice Wally Marshall 7’ UL and made it a 6’ UL. I’m thank that BPS let me exchange it for a new one after a bit of groveling and story telling. At least until I drifted past a European couple that thought they owned the river. They were fishing from the bank and had their lines cast nearly all the way across the river and the old man tried to shoo me away. He's just lucky I didn't snag one of his lines.

There was a fish survey team shocking fish when I was heading back to the ramp and asked if they had any Walleyes and they said they hadn't seen one all day.

A pretty nice way to start the trip
DSCN0027.jpg

The big Drum of the day
DSCN0032.jpg

The big Bass of the day (just over a pound)
DSCN0029.jpg

Channel Cat
DSCN0031.jpg

Here's my little guy of the day. Wish I had my camera handy for the Northern. Those guys have some big mouths for being so small.

DSCN0035.jpg

Nice day.
How them drum fight...they look pretty wide,do they put up a struggle?

Zum said:
Nice day.
How them drum fight...they look pretty wide,do they put up a struggle?

The drum put up a good battle. I would compare it to carp for a fight. They don't jump but they sure do make some bottom seeking, under the boat runs.

Jim said:
Nice bag and great pics! =D>

Never caught a drum myself.

Good for you Jim, why would you want to catch a drum :?: :shock:

Nice catch Flounder, I assume you were up north on the Fox, (just south of the chain) :---) not down here by me?