Multi Purpose 1448

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lgpjr49

Reaction score
Hey guys I started my build a few months back sorry for the delay. I've got a Lowe 1448 mod-v and I wanted to make it more user friendly for fishing while also still be able to hunt out of it.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453338397.485759.jpg
Here she is before I got started, sorry it's the only picture I have before I got started with the build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has a 1987 Johnson 25hp outboard and the guy I got it from had special ordered it from the factory without the middle seat.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453338669.922849.jpg
Building the deck frame out of 1" X 1/8" aluminum angle for support, no wood in this build.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453338720.181319.jpg
1/8" aluminum deck installed with the seat base bolted to bracing underneath for support.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453338774.925692.jpg
Front deck completed minus paint with the TM bolted to the gunnels so it can be used for a short while.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453338826.735031.jpg
A picture of the bracing and me fitting the foam between the ribs for flotation and support of the floor

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453338882.229632.jpg
Test fitting the floor for fit. I used 1/16" aluminum for this because I was running out of money at the time and with the foam support it should be stable enough to walk on and it not buckle.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453338958.568246.jpg
Here's the floor installed and painted, I finished this up about 2 months ago and the floor hasn't buckled once while crappie fishing or duck hunting.

Thanks, I'll try and get some better pictures of it fully painted and in the sun light.

Looks good! When doing the frame for the deck, is it attached to the sides of the boat at all? Thinking of doing a rear deck on mine and trying to figure out how to frame everything.

I didn't attach the frame to the sides of the boat, it's just mounted to the ribs with 2 rivets at connection.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454291190.810597.jpg
Little update I moved my paddle out of the way and in a spot where I know it won't get smashed or in the way.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454291233.313086.jpg
Seat base and hatch mounted on the back bench. I only took about half the foam out to use for the hatch area. Now i need to brace it up since it feels as if that side was held together and braced by the foam.

Nice build, just curious what type of paint you used? Looking to start painting Mine soon but everyone claims Rustoleum doesn't have a good abrasion resistance. Also, how is this paint holding up?

Thanks!

I think I used rustoleum I painted it camo for the fact of its very simple to touch up. Now I did put in the extra and clean it sand it and prime it before I painted but so far after a few months the places I completely painted are holding up fairly well.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454547195.105682.jpg
The decking flooring and seating is done, still need a seat for the bow. Next up is a TM bracket instead of it being bolted to the gunnel, then hydro turf and finally everyone's favorite installing electronics.

Yeah it's fairly simple. I got my hatch kit and I cut out the template that came with it. Next I cut out the foam that was in the bench underneath. I only pulled out the amount of foam that I needed to store my biggest item (portable stern nav light) and once that was all out I vacuumed it all out then just attached the hatch to the bench very simple. My only problem now is, the bench flexes a lot when you sit in the pedestal seat and I need to find a way to stiffen it up without ripping out more foam

Latest posts