My 12 foot escape plan

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

00nothing

Reaction score
This is my first boat and I am really looking forward to the build and getting it on the water. It is an old 12 foot Starcraft it wasn't my first choice but I scored it and an old motor I'm hoping I can get back to life in a trade.
My wife is a sun worshipper so I may make the front deck extra long as place for her to stretch out as well as having a removable seat in case a buddy wants to go fishing with me. If there is any advice any of you could give a new tin builder what would it be and what are the things you wouldn't reccomend.

I am a bit scared of making the boat to heavy I'm a bit of a chunker already and the boat plate seems to have a fairly low top weight on it so I will use as much aluminum as possible during the build things I'd really like to have are a cooler livewell maybe some rod storage. So far I am really inspired by this build but his boat looks a lot wider than mine. https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=27695&hilit=Starcraft

I will add some pics of the motor tomorrow and will continue to update as I go first step I'm gonna clean the boat with some tips and then prepare for a paint stripping session

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 710
i suscribe to this thread as your boat is very similar to mine... good luck with the restoration!!

Latest posts