My 14' Aluminum Build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So new additions this year that i plan on doing:

-Install my new humminbird 596ci DI
-Re-install the front deck and add more secure compartments under it.
-Install a inboat livewell
-Maybe upgrade to a 55lb trolling motor.
-New trolling motor base
-rod holder compartment

Look for new updates really soon. How many gallons cooler should i have for the livewell. I fish bass tournaments and our limit is 8, so i would want enough space for that. Any help would be appreciated.

Like stated before the foam doesn't make the boat more bouyant it just makes the boat not go to the bottom of the sink. However, if you dont put enough foam in the boat to keep the boat fully upwright then you are wasting time and money.

bluegillfisher said:
"I can't understand why adding foam in the benches would make it more buoyant- wouldn't it make the boat less buoyant because it would weigh more unless the foam was directly touching water?"

The whole foam thing is for when your boat fills with water it won't sink and go to the bottom of the lake(and you will have something to hang on to while help comes.)
correct. also it is designed to keep the cylindres dry

koulaid said:
So yesterday my gf broke up with me. I woke up today and started building the boat again to get my mind off of her. I got alot of progress done.
I put the main deck bracings in last week already and was just waiting for my carpet to settle in on the plywood. Today i finally screwed down the main deck. I was too tired and lazy to follow the contour line of the boat so i just went straight across from front to back. It worked out great and now if i have a leak it'll be easier to air out.

I also covered where the front deck meets the main deck. There was a little space in between and suprisingly it fits 2 5700 boxes and a falcon spinner bait box. So i ran to lowes real quick and grabbed 2 hinges and made a little compartment out of it.

The back seat i put a piece of plywood down on top of the seat. Simple job. I left the back open so i can see if i ever have a leak. Also i can grab the life jackets if i needed to in a hurry.

Boat is 75% done. THis winter i'm redoing the trailer, painting the boat, and also putting in my portable livewell.

Before the boat was secured down with a longggg tie-down around the boat. I hated it because it would bend the side of the boat. So i made 2 anchor points on the back of the transom. Got 2 smaller tie-downs and secured it to my trailer. Also I got a transom saver from gander mountain for 75% off. Apparently my trailer was a little short so i had to finesse it. Had to cut it down and bolt it to the trailer.

Under the front deck i put in 3 little plastic bins to store some extra stuff. It's pretty nifty too. I just need a battery strap to secure the battery down.

IMG_4646.jpg

IMG_4651.jpg

IMG_4642.jpg

IMG_4653.jpg

IMG_4654.jpg

IMG_4655.jpg

IMG_4656.jpg

IMG_4652.jpg

IMG_4650.jpg

IMG_4649.jpg

IMG_4648.jpg

IMG_4645.jpg
Looks great !!!!

see look how much work you got done now that the women is gone, a few Bud and now you have a great boat.
The Transom looks kinda old do you plan on replacing that ?
Did you cure wood with anything?

UPDATE!!!!

Been really busy with school and work. Finally had time to work on the boat a bit. Not much but slowly progressing.

- Scratched the 597di for a 798ci SI. Installed it and works fine. Gps is slightly off though.
- Got new trailer tires with rims.
- Built a DIY guide posts.

That's about it for now. Pics:

5810663752_ed07db4ab5_z.jpg

5810098105_56737c8563_z.jpg

Latest posts