My 1968 14ft Alumacraft project (Finished!)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If those bent pieces of aluminum don't work, you might be able to use aluminum studs used for framing houses. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't, but just in case, the studs are another option, sweet build by the way.

Recommendation to anyone who is doing their first mod, BUY ENOUGH CARPET ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!

That's right, I ran out of carpet and the carpet that I bought (Home Depot) is no longer there. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!
Now I have to figure out something else for my front casting deck or try to special order some. Anyway's here is what I have completed so far.

carpetglue.jpg

carpetdown1.jpg

carpetdown2.jpg

carpetdown3.jpg

My plan is to fasten the main deck down and take the boat out for a test run tomorrow (and come up with a solution for the front deck.)

Today was slow for the boat mod but I did pick up some boat seats to try out. I like how conferrable they are but they are BIG for this boat. Two of them at the same time I think would be too much. Plus they sit pretty high and my boys can't touch the deck while sitting in them. I think I'll use one of them for the main deck and go with the seat receptacle for the casting deck.

seatoption1.jpg

seatoption2.jpg

seatoption3.jpg

seatoption4.jpg

Well I'm pretty much finished. I still have some little things I want to add but for now I can get the boat out for fall fishing.

frontdeck.jpg

storage.jpg

storage2.jpg

spiderman.jpg

finished1.jpg

finished2.jpg

finsihed3.jpg

finished4.jpg

Success!
What a difference it is out on the water. The boat defiantly handles better and moving around in the boat when fishing is sooooo much nicer.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,526
This looks pretty cool! I'm fixing to try and put a deck on my 10 ft. jon boat using the ladder frame and was trying to figure out what is the best thing to use to cut the aluminum with. I'm reading everything I can online to help with ideas as I have never done this but am sure going to give it a shot and will be doing it alone. Once I get started on a project like this I have tunnel vision though. I tried to find out if jb weld will adhere to its self but couldn't really find out much on that. Does anyone know? The rivets had a lot of it on them and from what I understand its pretty hard to get off and I don't have the tools to do it with. The back seat has the rivets removed in front of it and I was going to put stainless steel bolts in to replace them as from what I read if you rerivet it they don't stay tight long. Anyway I was going to put jb weld over the screw heads on the bottom of the boat and since jb weld is already on where the rivets were, I wondered if it would stick. Gonna try it anyway cause I don't have anything to grind the old off or heat it up to melt it so wish me luck. I got the holes drilled last night and the bolts put in so guess I will put the jb weld on them tonight and give it a test before I start with the deck. Any advice is welcome :)