My 1st boat ( and post )

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimInMichigan

Reaction score
I'm 53. I retired awhile back due to health and wife just retired. We went out and bought a couple fishing poles and I remembered how much I hated fishing on shore. 2 weeks later, I'm the owner of an old Rich Line 15' row boat. It came with a trailer that is just as old ( if not older ). Trailer brand name is a TeeNee, built in Youngstown OH. Pretty cool old trailer that has coil springs and shocks! Also came with a 2003 Mercury 9.9 2 stroke and a 6 gal tote tank. Cost me $1325.00 ( + $25 in gas to pick it up ).

I have to replace the tires ( 4.80x8 on 4 bolt ). I ordered those tonight for $32 each, including new rims. I still have to buy an anchor, life vests, pair of oars. Needs the tail light rewired, not sure yet if the lights themselves work or not.

I'm hoping to have a lots of fun with the wife fishing, or just trolling the lake sight seeing.

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 872
  • boat3.jpg
    boat3.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 872
  • boat2.jpg
    boat2.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 872
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=358875#p358875 said:
JimInMichigan » Yesterday, 7:27 pm[/url]"]I'm 53. I retired awhile back due to health and wife just retired. We went out and bought a couple fishing poles and I remembered how much I hated fishing on shore. 2 weeks later, I'm the owner of an old Rich Line 15' row boat. It came with a trailer that is just as old ( if not older ). Trailer brand name is a TeeNee, built in Youngstown OH. Pretty cool old trailer that has coil springs and shocks! Also came with a 2003 Mercury 9.9 2 stroke and a 6 gal tote tank. Cost me $1325.00 ( + $25 in gas to pick it up ).

I have to replace the tires ( 4.80x8 on 4 bolt ). I ordered those tonight for $32 each, including new rims. I still have to buy an anchor, life vests, pair of oars. Needs the tail light rewired, not sure yet if the lights themselves work or not.

I'm hoping to have a lots of fun with the wife fishing, or just trolling the lake sight seeing.

Congrats on the new rig.
Sounds like its pretty much water ready. 8)
Have fun!

jasper

Welcome to Tinboats Jim.

I retired for medical reasons too back in 2005. I was 44 then. Hard to swallow at first, but quickly found that there was plenty to do if one wanted too. Spent the fisrt summer fishing just about everyday I could!

I retired from the Army in 2012 for medical reasons at 45 years old. I now have the boat my dad and I fished in when I was a kid. A 1980's Meyers pro 14. Good luck with your boat and have fun.

Same as others; good luck with the boat. I'm sure you will get many hours of enjoyment out of it!
I'm bet there are MANY lakes to explore where you are at!!! Maby a few fish to be caught also.

Latest posts