My Alumacraft 15x42 MOD--Update 18 FEB 10

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got time to update you guys on my boat. Hopefully I'll have time between now and October to get some fishing done before the mobilization. I've added new seats that were the wrong color so I had to paint them to match the boat. I also added a steering system; Teleflex steering cable and steering wheel($185) installed in a home made steering console. I got the engine controls off ebay for $60, no shipping costs. I got the MK trolling motor of CraigsList for $55. I think that's about it, I know it's not electric start but I wanted the steering and controls so there you go. Anyway, thanks for the previous and future comments and I hope y'all like the pics
100_0819.JPG100_0814.JPG100_0820.JPG100_0822.JPG100_0842.JPG100_0845.JPG100_0846.JPG100_0897.JPG100_0921.JPG100_0926.JPG100_0970.JPG100_0979.JPG100_0940.JPG100_0944.JPG

Attachments

• 100_0946.JPG
    100_0946.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,185
baptistpreach said:
Hey, great job. Your boat is top notch, and you did a great job.

I appreciate your kind comments. This is my first boat and I didn't want to over do it but once you get started it's kinda hard to stop :lol: I look at your post a few weeks ago and man, your boat really looks awsome. Thanks again and good luck on the water

Nevillizer said:
Good looking boat. Where's the fish? :lol:

Thanks and that's the problem, been workin so much lately I really haven't had a lot of time to get out and fish. I will definitely post some pics when it is officially a "bass' boat. Thanks again.

RBuffordTJ said:
Awesome build man! That thing looks great!

Bufford in Orlando

Thanks Bro, glad you like it. I checked out your ride and you did a great mod on that bench seat. Wished I had thought of that but anyway, looking forward to seeing your finished product. Take care

Nice Mods!
=D>
Is the jack plate on your boat a home made one? I have a long shaft motor and I leaning towards making one my self. What size of material is your Jack Plate made of. It looks like it's either:
2 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 3/8 Angle
3 1/2 x 3 1/2 x 3/8 Angle

Thats one good lookin boat you have made.
I just got my Lowe 1440 and am just getting started on finding all the materials I want to get it together.
I want to use all aluminum so it'll be slow going but hopefully it'll turn out as good as yours.
Heck I'll be happy with half as good. LOL
Great Job

Love your console,: simple, light clean. I am planning to built one myself in the near future. How did u secure it to the boat? I saw u screw the lateral part to the edge of the boat , did u use nuts'n bolts or just metal screws? how did u secure the medial part did u screw it to the pavement?(u said was removable).
I also need to ask you a favor, could u post more detailed pics of the connection of your steering cables to your outboard? I have a similar motor (but Yamaha) and looking online at all the pieces I need to convert from tiller to remote I cannot figure out exactly everything and I do not want to order a wrong or unnecessary piece.
Thanks a lot and again congratulation for your beauty =D> =D> =D>

Streaker said:
Thats one good lookin boat you have made.
I just got my Lowe 1440 and am just getting started on finding all the materials I want to get it together.
I want to use all aluminum so it'll be slow going but hopefully it'll turn out as good as yours.
Heck I'll be happy with half as good. LOL
Great Job

Thanks. Using aluminum for the frame sounds great. Since this was my first attempt at I went with wood, next time I may give aluminum a try. I'm sure you'll have it looking like a champ when you're done. There are some great ideas and great folks on this board that'll help you along the way so take your time and have fun. Unfortunately I'll be in the sand box in a month so all the fun will have to wait 'till next year. Thanks again and take care.

Bassm1

pescatore said:
Love your console,: simple, light clean. I am planning to built one myself in the near future. How did u secure it to the boat? I saw u screw the lateral part to the edge of the boat , did u use nuts'n bolts or just metal screws? how did u secure the medial part did u screw it to the pavement?(u said was removable).
I also need to ask you a favor, could u post more detailed pics of the connection of your steering cables to your outboard? I have a similar motor (but Yamaha) and looking online at all the pieces I need to convert from tiller to remote I cannot figure out exactly everything and I do not want to order a wrong or unnecessary piece.
Thanks a lot and again congratulation for your beauty =D> =D> =D>

Thanks for the kind comments. It has been a labor of love with it being my first boat and all, but hey, it was fun. Hopefully the pictures I attached gives a good view. I actually extended/moved the console about 5" closer to center for better control and stability when underway. The left base is held in place with angle brackets screwed to the floor board. The side mount is attached to the side panel which is screwed to the ribs with stainless steel metal screws.

I got the Teleflex Rotary Steering system(NFB Safe T II) from https://www.marineengine.com. It came with all hardware except the steering wheel. Really the only thing I had to search for was the steering link arm for the outboard which I found on ebay. The control box was also found on ebay. As you can see I had to fabricate a brace for the shift cable. It all works well.

Well, that's it for now, talk to ya when I get back from the "sand box".
100_0986.jpg
100_0992.jpg
100_0988.jpg

Latest posts