My Custom Fishing Machine 18'-0" Flat Bottom

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am a member of the air force. which so kindly placed me (a guy who loves to catfish)next to two rivers that are miles wide. Also they have taught me how to work with sheet metal, and paint.

Joseph: I salute you and every other servicemen and women, especially on todays anniversary of 9/11. It is because of all of yalls sacrifices that we as americans have the freedoms that we do. Thank you for what you do.
P.S. I think that it is great they have taught you how to work with sheetmetal and paint, soak up all the knowledge and experience you can get while you are serving. Good luck_Rod

your welcome and thank you for such a great thread. its amazing i am trying to incorporate some of it into plans for when i get my bigger jon.

Got to go fishing Friday, weather was beautiful. While I was targeting flounder, we didn't catch any. But we did end with some nice reds and some croakers. Fished near the concrete ship SS Selma, its a wrecked ship made from concrete, holds good fish. I am eagerly awaiting on the up coming flounder run should catch some nice flatfish.

Attachments

• steve n reds.jpg
    steve n reds.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,934
  • steve with reds.jpg
    steve with reds.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 1,934
  • reds.jpg
    reds.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,934
  • concrete ship 3.jpg
    concrete ship 3.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,934
  • concrete ship 2.jpg
    concrete ship 2.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 1,934
  • concrete ship.jpg
    concrete ship.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,934
  • fishing concrete ship.jpg
    fishing concrete ship.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,934
Wow followed this thread all the way from start to finish. I wish I had the means and the time to do something like that with mine. Great work and thank you for your military service.

Oh lol I misread the post sorry. Really nice work on the boat though I don't have access to the equipment needed to do that kind of work unfortunately

Got a little flounder fishing in while I was off from work. Now I'm stuck back at work while everyones getting their 5 per day limits. Here's a few pics.

Attachments

• fryer.jpg
    fryer.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,795
  • 3 flats.jpg
    3 flats.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,795
  • flatties.jpg
    flatties.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,795
  • fat girl.jpg
    fat girl.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,795
  • fat girl 2.jpg
    fat girl 2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,795
  • flounder.jpg
    flounder.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,795
Took off from work a little early Sunday to go get in on some flatfish, heres what I wound up with. Cold front blew in last night should trigger a good run on flounder this week, I'll get to go back on friday and see if I can get some more.

Attachments

• 12-9-2012.JPG
    12-9-2012.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,777
  • 12-09-2012.JPG
    12-09-2012.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,777
Gators: Yea, been doin fairly well since the run started. Wish I would have saved some of my vacation time here at work so I could have done more flounder fishing. Were gonna stuff a bunch of em this Christmas Eve and serve them instead of the traditional turkey n fixins. Think I'll fry a few too. yummy......

Been rainy n cold here on the Gulf and I'm on vacation from work (figures). Gettin' no fishing in as all the water is blown completely out of the bay. So I thought what can I do with my time off, I know , I can repair some of my rods that are sittin around here needin attention. I made this little stand outa 1x4 pine and felt, I used it to roll my rods on to replace the guides on my poles, it helps when wrapping the thread on. Worked out o.k., but cant compare to a motorized unit. But hey I'm no rod builder, I just wanted to replace a few broken guides. I fixed two rods yesterday.

Attachments

• repair rack.jpg
    repair rack.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,681
  • repair rack3.jpg
    repair rack3.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 1,681
  • repair rack2.jpg
    repair rack2.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1,681
They say the mother of invention is necessity. Nice simple jig to hold the rods. Is that a wok you're cooking that fish in? I've never had flounder but it must be good the way so many people talk about it.

WOW!!!! You have some AMAZING skills bro!!! This is one BAD A$$ build! Sure wish I lived closer...would love to get you to help me with mine I am getting ready to start soon! Also glad to see someone else here who likes tin boats and steel horses! :beer:

AMAZING JOB on your Fishing Machine!!! =D> =D> =D> =D>

Thanks for the paint number PB...haven't had any luck cross referencing them with the S/W site yet but may have to go to the actual store and get them to contact headquarters or something as that may just be a number specifically for Alweld Boats.

Right now I have a 2008 HD FLHX Street Glide pushing about 115 hp/112 lbs torque but am still pretty disappointed in it as I SPECIFICALLY told my engine builder I wanted to be around 116 cu in and 130-135 hp/130 ft lbs. ESPECIALLY with the $$$ I have in that engine!!! Love my HOT ROD Harleys and I guess outta all of em I have had and built my VERY FAV is still my 92 FXSTC Custom cuz I did EVERYTHING to it except the paintwork but these new ones are WAY TOO FAR OUT THERE for me!!! Never thought you would tune a Harley with a laptop!!! ](*,) :LMFAO: