My Custom Fishing Machine 18'-0" Flat Bottom

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CatDaddy, any luck on the paint? When I was trying to look it up online, I didn't have much luck either. When I called S.W., they found it. Good Luck.

My bikes are: 1978 S.O.H.C. Honda chopper with Amen plunger frame and girder front end, 1983 Ironhead Harley, 1985 FXR, 1994 Sporty 883, 2004 A.I.H. Texas Chopper, 2004 Harley Roadglide.

JMichael, yes it is a wok of sorts, just a dished pan, some people use plow discs. Also the taste of flounder cannot be compared to any other fish in my opinion.

Poormans Boatright said:
JMichael, yes it is a wok of sorts, just a dished pan, some people use plow discs. Also the taste of flounder cannot be compared to any other fish in my opinion.
Interesting idea and there's not shortage of those around here. Might have to try that out. And if I'm ever near the coast again I'll have to try to get some fresh flounder. In the meantime, I'll have to see if I can find some frozen locally I guess just to see what it's like.

Hello, all, been a while since I posted on the site. I haven't been using my rig lately because I have been fishing offshore every weekend in june, red snapper season is over now in the Gulf of Mexico, so its time to do some inshore fishing. I launched the boat this past Friday to take the wife and dogs on a little ride. I wanted to see how the motor was gonna run since I haven't used it in a while. Lucky for me it ran just fine, my tilt n trim quit working though, I'll have to look into that matter and figure out whats going on with it. Anyhow I snapped a few pics of the boat in the water while we were chillin out. I also included some snapper pics of 1 of our trips. Got some new lights I'm gonna mount on the boat, I'll post on them later.

Attachments

• back view.jpg
    back view.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 1,561
  • front view.jpg
    front view.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,561
  • side view.jpg
    side view.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,561
  • Tracy and boat.jpg
    Tracy and boat.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 1,561
  • Wendels snappers.jpg
    Wendels snappers.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 1,561
  • snappers.jpg
    snappers.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 1,561
Gators, yea we got into the snapper good on that trip. We made 5 trips out in June, every weekend. Some 3 day trips some 2 days.

RiverBottom, ya think with a .50 cal. on the front I could keep potlickers outta my fishin' spot? Ha!

What's been up guys? Been a while since I posted on Tin Boats, I still been looking at all of the builds on here, just hadn't had much to write about. My rig is still hanging n there, I changed some things on it, but not much. I decided to do something with my 14 ft boat (mentioned on page 6 of this thread) I'm adding a air motor for floundering, picked up a 1985 35hp mercury with cables n helm for $200, and a cmc jackplate for $100. I will start a new thread on it when I get going on it, I'm just in the process of collecting things for it now. We will see how it comes out.............

Good to see you back. Really like all the new additions. I got a new to me boat and posted up some of my new additions.
My dad took my old boat and decked the whole thing and sold the motor. He had it rigged up to fish the river for bass.
Off to work.

Man, just found your build. Your boat looks like something the 'A-Team' rigged up before hitting back at the bad guys. =D> Very nice. Putting my lil' tinny to shame...enjoyed viewing your metalworking skills. thanks

Good to hear from you Huntinfool, I'm gonna wait till after the holidays to start on the 14ft flounder rig, I'll try n take lots of pics also. Sounder, thanx for the compliment. Merry Christmas to everyone.

That lift is killer. Wish I had access to something like that. My old trailer needs some tlc.

I just came across this build and I must say it looks terrific! Definitely a killer machine! You should call it PT109 and strap some buoyancy tanks/pipes to the gunwales, but shape them like torpedoes! :D

Seriously, how does it look in the water? I was concerned for the total displacement with all that extra stuff on it.

Great job!

Mud-Skipper, how did you happen upon this old thread? Thanx for the compliments. Boat still runs great. I don't understand your concern for total displacement? Are you concerned that it is heavy? While it is probably heavier than most it isn't that much more and performs just as well, maybe you are thinking top heavy because of the t-top, trust me the boat is stable. I don't know if any of these are what you were thinking? Here are a few pics of it in the water. I don't know if any of these were all ready posted in this thread, sorry if they were.

Attachments

• back view.JPG
    back view.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,746
  • side view.JPG
    side view.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,746
  • water shot2.jpg
    water shot2.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,746
I gotta say I love this build! I have been away from the site going thru the big D and had to sell off my boats but I am looking for another and LOVE your build!! Good stuff bub!

Latest posts