My First Boat: 14' Aluminum

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good, nice job.

Bet it was slow with just troller and 4 people. I know adding ONE person to mine slowed it down, LOL.

When I was 17 my fishing partner's Dad had the same boat (I recognize those corner handles; Sears Game Fisher I beleave..?) and man did we fish it hard, we pulled up fish with that boat than all the boat(s) combined I/we have owned since and that was over five decades ago. I remember losing a pole and a level wind reel out of that boat, I stood up to cast my bait at the same moment the anchor rope went taught. I swear that round bottom stood on the opposite gunnle and if weren't for my fast thinking fishing partner shifting his weight it/we would have wen't all the way over =D>

AS for fishing with your Dad, good for you, I missed the chance to have fish from a boat with my Dad, and there's not a time when my boat hits the water and I don't regret missing the chance :(

johnnyclack said:
When I was 17 my fishing partner's Dad had the same boat (I recognize those corner handles; Sears Game Fisher I beleave..?) and man did we fish it hard, we pulled up fish with that boat than all the boat(s) combined I/we have owned since and that was over five decades ago. I remember losing a pole and a level wind reel out of that boat, I stood up to cast my bait at the same moment the anchor rope went taught. I swear that round bottom stood on the opposite gunnle and if weren't for my fast thinking fishing partner shifting his weight it/we would have wen't all the way over =D>

AS for fishing with your Dad, good for you, I missed the chance to have fish from a boat with my Dad, and there's not a time when my boat hits the water and I don't regret missing the chance :(
I actually think its an Alumacraft (from what i've been told) and hopefully I can get out on the lake and get some fish soon!

Well everyone, my boat and trailer overhaul is finally complete! I'd like to give a special thanks to my dad who has been fighting cancer in his throat for some time, but has still been a huge help and I couldn't have done it without him. Got the registration for the boat and trailer today so I am completely legal! This has been an awesome project from start to finish and opening day of fishing cant come any faster. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• IMG_1063.JPG
    IMG_1063.JPG
    236.7 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_1067.JPG
    IMG_1067.JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_1066.JPG
    IMG_1066.JPG
    222 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_1065.JPG
    IMG_1065.JPG
    191.6 KB · Views: 312
Pretty nice man. Great job. Must feel great that its all done. I am almost there. How many cans of bedliner did it take for the inside bottom?

Great Job Jeremy, now take your dad out and let him catch the first fish on her. I pray for your dad....spend all the time you can with him.

Great work, the boat looks fantastic!
Now it's time for some pedestal seats. :wink:

Nice job! Can't beat a free boat and trailer! lol My boat was free and I paid $50 for the trailer... :) Hoping to get mine wet soon. Just need to button up the inside then off to the lake!

Jeremylerv said:
JamesM56alum said:
God jr i wish i had as much time as you to get all this done, i havent touched mine in a couple of weeks and im starting to get jealous
I try to put as much time into it as I can working around my school work but I manage to get a lot done 8)

Here are some pictures of how the paint/undercoating finishes turned out and pictures of the products i've used so far. I am on a high school budget so everything I have been buying for the boat is rather inexpensive but so far the results are great.

Was the prep work all done by hand?

Proyotehunter said:
Jeremylerv said:
JamesM56alum said:
God jr i wish i had as much time as you to get all this done, i havent touched mine in a couple of weeks and im starting to get jealous
I try to put as much time into it as I can working around my school work but I manage to get a lot done 8)

Here are some pictures of how the paint/undercoating finishes turned out and pictures of the products i've used so far. I am on a high school budget so everything I have been buying for the boat is rather inexpensive but so far the results are great.

Was the prep work all done by hand?

It was all prepped for paint with a palm sander.