my new to me grizzly tracker 1448

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good Ol Sarge

Reaction score
hi everyone,im brand new here. just wanted to show some pics of my first boat. i pieced it together over the long winter. most of everything i got was off craigslist.
first i picked up the 2007 grizzly tracker 1448 for about 1000 bucks. then i purchased a new trailer from a marina. my motor is a 2005 Johnson 15hp 2 stroke.the boat itself is in great shape, few scratches but nothing major. the guy i bought it from had installed a wood floor because the 2007 model didnt come with the aluminum floor. it was a little ruff, uneven and kind of high, it was partially covering the storage compartment under the front deck. plus i really didnt like the way the green turf rug looked! i replaced the floor with 4 smaller beams and a 3/4 pressure treated piece of plywood. now the floor sits just under the compartment and it looks pretty good with the new marine carpet i put down.i was actually thinking about replacing the wood beams with some sheets of foam insulation to cut back on some weight. does anyone have experience or advice for that? i thank everyone in advance for any input!IMG_0263.JPGIMG_0572.JPGIMG_0579.JPGIMG_0620.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0443.JPG
    IMG_0443.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 2,284
yea thanks, that motor is great! starts up beautifully. i also added new seats and a bow mount minn kota power drive v2 50lb thrust.

Attachments

• IMG_0588.JPG
    IMG_0588.JPG
    968.5 KB · Views: 2,134
  • IMG_0589.JPG
    IMG_0589.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,134
here is the first fish caught in the new "yacht", a 18 inch brook trout

Attachments

• brook trout.jpg
    brook trout.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 2,134
thanks froggy.im from syracuse, but im down in nyc, due to my job. but there are several lakes in new jersey i go to . i also go upstate and to the Adirondacks.

Nice rig sarge =D> I'm sure someone will chime in about the use of PT and aluminum. I did notice that your trailer looks a little short, just make sure the bunks extend past the transom.

what do you mean the use of pt and aluminum? im new, sorry.haha. and the bunks probably extend about 8 inches past transom of boat, if you look at the picture up top with the new floor in you can see it a little better. thats ok right?

Good Ol Sarge said:
what do you mean the use of pt and aluminum? im new, sorry.haha. and the bunks probably extend about 8 inches past transom of boat, if you look at the picture up top with the new floor in you can see it a little better. thats ok right?

Sarge, bunks look great. Pressure treated wood (PT) can react with aluminum. You'll be fine, when and if there's a problem we'll probably both be long gone. If you ever redo anything, use outdoor plywood and coat with three generous layers of spar urethane. No worries though, I just paint my plywood now.

Ictalurus said:
Good Ol Sarge said:

Sarge, bunks look great. Pressure treated wood (PT) can react with aluminum. You'll be fine, when and if there's a problem we'll probably both be long gone. If you ever redo anything, use outdoor plywood and coat with three generous layers of spar urethane. No worries though, I just paint my plywood now.

thanks ictalurus! i didnt know that. what is the reaction of it and the aluminum ?

just looked it up. i am now headed out to remove the floor. i guess i will just use regular ply wood? any other choices?