NADA motor values

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maggiesmaster

Reaction score
I look at the values for used motors in the local paper and on Craigslist, and they're much higher than the values given by the NADA guide. Has anyone else noticed this? If so, what is a reliable guide for used boats and motors?

The "values" that are in the local paper and craigslist aren't really what they are worth, that is just what they(usually dealerships) are asking. The value that NADA gives is usually gonna be pretty close if you are comparing apples to apples(make, model, year, mileage, overall condition, etc). Keep in mind, what NADA lists as "average retail" isn't neccesarily what a specific vehicle is worth....average is just that, an average. It depends on several different factors of what that specific vehicle is worth.

The only thing NADA is useful for on boats and motors over 5 years old is for the weights. And, I say my opinion as if it is a fact in this instance solely because so many people in the boating world agree with me, it may as well be fact.

Bubba said:
The "values" that are in the local paper and craigslist aren't really what they are worth, that is just what they(usually dealerships) are asking. The value that NADA gives is usually gonna be pretty close if you are comparing apples to apples(make, model, year, mileage, overall condition, etc). Keep in mind, what NADA lists as "average retail" isn't neccesarily what a specific vehicle is worth....average is just that, an average. It depends on several different factors of what that specific vehicle is worth.

I just re-read this and didn't think about that you were meaning Outboard motors....i've never had to use NADA for that, so I wouldn't really know what I would be talking about when it comes to outboards..... :lol:

Latest posts