need help on decking

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acamp08

Reaction score
Need help on decking. i just bought a 14 ft sea king v haul and i wanted to build decks that slip in low to the floor. i have built flat decks before but never this kind. does anybody out there have any info that could help me out. pics would be increadibly appreciated. thanks everyone.

Welcome acamp08,
Thanks for joining! :beer:

When you say deck that slip in low to the floor, do you meant you want a level surface to walk on? Do you want it removable?

If you have a second post up a picture or two of your boat for a visual.

Jim :D

ya i would like a level deck that i can carpet for standing. i tried putting on pics of the boat floor but they wont upload because of the size

i'm trying to download a picture resizing software right now. but as far as the boat. has anybody built this before. maybe you can get me started in the right direction. i'll get pics up asap

here is a couple of pics of my 70's sea king. i bought this thing for fifty bucks. all i've done is painted the outside and put in new seats. can you believe it.

Attachments

• sea king 001.jpg
    sea king 001.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 1,228
  • sea king 002.jpg
    sea king 002.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 1,228
Nice boat...practically free! =D>

Pictures can be 800 wide and the size up to 150k. If you need help with that PM me and I can help you.

Take a look at this thread under the V boats, It should give you great ideas.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3156

My v-bottom came with a flat floor which was rotten because the guy I bought it from kept it outside and didn't always cover it. He also did not treat the wood. I cheated and used the old rotten wood as a template. Basically it is a curved on the bottom of the wood (to follow the bottom contour of the boat) and then flat across the top. Place the floor on top and screw in. I probably could not have figured it out with out looking at what was there before. I just made sure to notch out in the center where the channel runs for the water to get to the back of the boat.

that makes sense for the deck and i definitely wouldnt have thought of cutting the notch for the water. thanks a lot for the advice. any and all ideas are more than welcome because i could really use them.

acamp08 said:
that makes sense for the deck and i definitely wouldnt have thought of cutting the notch for the water. thanks a lot for the advice. any and all ideas are more than welcome because i could really use them.

No problem... that is what makes this place so great! Other than using untreated wood, the previous owner barley cut a notch at all so I am sure it easily became clogged and the water was trapped under the floor for long periods of time.