Need help, strange holes in transom

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Etching primer is on. You can see were the repairs have been made but if it doesn't leak and the fish do not mind then I am a happy fisherman.

Attachments

• IMG_0929.JPG
    IMG_0929.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_0928.JPG
    IMG_0928.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 405
Come on Howard- That's a good looking repair in anybody's book. Look where you started and look at the finished product. When I was in the USN I was aboard the Jesse Brown a Knox class FF that had an aluminum superstructure welded to a steel main. With salt and electrolasis you could wipe the white pouder off by the hand-full. Yauk. I don't know of a good way to flush your transom. I was thinking about flushing a radiator with a hole in the top and a hole in the bottom on opposite sides. Sounds like a lot of trouble. Maybe somebody else has an idea?

tccanoe- As you can see I was on a bird farm, USS JFK...... I also know very well what salt water can do, LOL, I found entry points on the inside top of the transom and it is not sealed along the entire bottom so it will be easy to flush.