Need to buy a new fish finder

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick50

Reaction score
Any suggestions on a fish finder for under 150.00?

I m a little partial to humming bird.....never used any other ones. So I guess I could try them.

If you're going for a humminbird, I would get the most expensive one they have that fits your budget. What you are really looking for in that price range is the pixels - and the higher the number the better. Vertical is really what you should be looking at. If you can't get it at 480, then I would hold off and keep saving the money. I've got an OLD piranha20 that I bought 5 years ago and it works great... but next to my new unit that has pixelation at 640, it's amazing the clarity of what you can see

any of them will shoot to the side (and I'm not referring to side imaging units)

all you need to do is tilt your transducer a little off center - it takes some time to understand what you are reading, but I have made it work in the past. I use a trolling motor transducer for that because I didn't want to mount a transom mount tranducer crooked on my boat.

I have an Eagle Cuda I got from Walmart for ~$89. Has temp.
It is fine for depth & locating structure, which is all I need it for anyway. If you are not looking for something fancy, check it out.

Latest posts