New Family Wagon

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDUBS

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Just for the heck of it. Pic of the Honda Pilot home after a morning on the lake. Tows pretty good. I notice more receiver hitch noise so installed a clamp. Also notice windy conditions more compared to the RAM when towing on the highway.

The collision avoidance feature when backing down the ramp can be a pain if I forget to put it in tow mode. It thinks I'm backing into the boat and throws on the brakes. First time it had me kind of rattled because I didn't know what was going on.

Rig.jpg

Just for the heck of it. Pic of the Honda Pilot home after a morning on the lake. Tows pretty good. I notice more receiver hitch noise so installed a clamp. Also notice windy conditions more compared to the RAM when towing on the highway.

The collision avoidance feature when backing down the ramp can be a pain if I forget to put it in tow mode. It thinks I'm backing into the boat and throws on the brakes. First time it had me kind of rattled because I didn't know what was going on.

View attachment 120964
That is a nice set up. You keep it clean and new looking. Enjoy.

Honda makes a great vehicle, we have owned many over the past 20 plus years. My only complaint has been the road noise, they don't as much insulation. My wifes CRV is noticibly louder than my Cherokee. However, no repairs other than routine stuff on her Honda's.. both vehicle just over 100K miles.

Honda makes a great vehicle, we have owned many over the past 20 plus years. My only complaint has been the road noise, they don't as much insulation. My wifes CRV is noticibly louder than my Cherokee. However, no repairs other than routine stuff on her Honda's.. both vehicle just over 100K miles.

Mrs Ldubs is still driving a 2011 CRV with about 90K miles. It does have a lot of road noise. It has been a great car. We have never had a single issue with that car. That, and comfort, is what made us look hard at the Honda Pilot.

LDUBS, I see you are in Clayton, CA. Do you use your boat in the Sacramento River delta?

Years ago (like in the 80's) I spent a lot of time in the Delta pretty much from the mothball fleet to east of the Antioch bridge. I did go out a couple times in 2017, but that is about it.

The current boat has never seen the Delta. I stick to the lakes. I like the calm waters.

Ah yes, it was a dangerous job transferring ammo there. My ship and the others (Kiska, Mauna Kea, Mt. Hood..ammo ships all named after volcanoes!) stayed elsewhere when not actively loading or unloading. The places we stayed are mostly gone as well. Alameda NAS, Mare Island, FISC Oakland.