new floor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlrff

Reaction score
I'm putting a new floor in my boat and I am sealing the floor with a penetrating epoxy sealer. I want to put carpet over the floor but I am having a hard time finding adhesive that will stick . The manufacturers I have spoken to all tell me to not seal the floor. Anybody have any luck with an adhesive that will work on the floor and the aluminum .

Thanks in advance

check out a post subject "best deck waterproofing before gluing carpet". Guy did an extensive test on some different brands about 4 years ago. I have the same concerns, but o think I'm going with Home Depot's Roberts because it's all I can find around here. Let us know what you come up with.

don't know if money is an issue but carpet is garbage compared to hydroturf. www.pwcmuscle.com has some 47x86 sheets they are around a hundred bucks I got the ones with the 3m self adhesive on them total came out be $137 with shipping you just peel the back and lay it down. That was my first time doing it my self but I had a Mud boat that came with hydroturf and it was some durable stuff and very very comfortable.

Again if money is an issue carpet is cheap and easy but that hydroturf is worth it. 100%

The ace hardware can get the Henry's 663 adhesive. ..I think I'm going to go with that

Latest posts