new gig lights

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darn trolls ruin everything lol. He may not tell everything but I know he isn't full of crap based on my own experiences with this stuff. :wink:

Do what you want semo but if you read the bow fishing forums, you don't see anybody running a light bar on their rig. They are using the the 27w and 50w flood lights for better coverage just like what is on Rockdamages boat. Make sure you use flood models and not spot models. There is a difference. The spots concentrate the light in one spot and don't provide near the coverage like the floods.

the flarealert led lights will run you around $40 to $50 per light . they are a 12 patch light (12 chip) lumens 900 , watage 20 ,lumens per watt 45, cri 70, cct 4000k , they are listed in the day light spectrum . our bowfishing / giging groupe has been testing and trying different versions on the water in real world conditions for the last three years and this is the best for the money i have found . the single patch lights that seth has metioned are great but a bit high in price for me . it sounds strange but you can get to bright of a light and the glare from the film on the water afects your ability to see clearly . not trying to fuel a fire just adding food for thought !

You're right, the ones I mentioned aren't the cheapest which is why I don't have them yet. :mrgreen:

The light bars i was looking at are spot/flood combos.

Troll, i will check yours out monday at your "alledged shop" when i come up to work on my rail.

Warm white. I build led gigging lights and sell them. Green for underwater, warm white above. Too much white light will produce more glare and not penetrate. The closer to yellow/green the better. Light penetrates water better accorfing to the spectrum-ROYGBIV but once you get past green the human eye can't pick it up as good. That's why UV light is invisible to us, it is UltraViolet which is last on the spectrum. Hope this helps.

I'm looking at some now as well... anyone have led strip light permanently attached to bow?

Latest posts