New guy and new boat mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ugakbk

Reaction score
Hi all!

Stumbled upon this site while perusing the net, getting some ideas about my new to me boat. First off the site and some of the mods are great.

My boat is a '93 Grumman 1236, with a '93 9.9 Evinrude. The best part was that it was completely free. Friend's grandparents had it sitting on there dock for a few years, never getting used, and they asked if I wanted it. Absolutely!

The main use of the boat will be duck hunting, as well as shallow water inshore fishing and some flounder gigging in the summer. Live in coastal GA, so the boat will see salt water exclusively.

As fas as mods go, want it pretty simple. Replaced the plywood on the transom with starboard, started sanding out a few corrosion holes to be filled with JB Weld. Motor hasn't ran in several years, so this weekend, I will be giving it new plugs, first attempt at rebuilding a carb, and general clean up. After that, possibly a small deck with storage at the very front, some flooring and a new paint job.

Thanks in advance for all the help and ideas.

Attachments

• Picture 028.jpg
    Picture 028.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 555
  • Picture 029.jpg
    Picture 029.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 555
  • Picture 030.jpg
    Picture 030.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 555
  • Picture 031.jpg
    Picture 031.jpg