New Lowrance Eagle

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In terms of FFs, like many things, you get what you pay for.

I don't think an expensive fish finder makes you a better fisherman....time on the water (and lots of it), in your regular fishing grounds, does.

However, having some level of depth and what is below you (structure, flats, highs/lows, weeds, etc) does help quite a bit when finding and catching fish....that's what the pros look for and they are under time constraints.

For me, the below average fisherman, I stick to basics that are high quality. I use a Lowrance HDS Live 9. When it goes on sale, I will pick up a second unit and install it at bow (for bass fishing). I currently use my console unit when trolling and all other fishing. The bow unit would simply be for convenience.

The Eagle is a new unit and budget minded, so time will determine its worth. For now, HDS is the unit of known and proven quality, not to mention its 3 in 1 Active Imaging Transducer is one of the best in terms of what I mentioned above.

It comes down to budget, how often it will be used, how serious you are about fishing, and what YOU are willing to spend!
The HDS Live 9 is $1000 off at Cabelas right now.
Humminbird has a $500 rebate on Helix 9 and above, $200 on Helix 7. Also rebates on the Live systems.
Garmin has a couple of deals.

The HDS Live 9 is $1000 off at Cabelas right now.
Humminbird has a $500 rebate on Helix 9 and above, $200 on Helix 7. Also rebates on the Live systems.
Garmin has a couple of deals.
I paid $999 at BPS for the HDS Live 9 one year ago. It is on sale now for 1099.00. When it drops to $$700-$800, I'll bite. It believe it will around November, if not sooner. It has been replaced with the Pro series.

Black Friday and Christmas deals are by far the best of the year. You miss them, and you have to wait months to get the deals again.

Latest posts