New project, Bass tracker

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basstin

Reaction score
I just picked up this bass tracker and trailer for 150 bux. The boat is 15'5", with a 4' beam.

Anyone have any ideas of what to do with this boat?

someone removed the bench seats.

Thanks

Attachments

• IM000984.jpg
    IM000984.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 1,077
  • IM000985.jpg
    IM000985.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,080
  • IM000986.jpg
    IM000986.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 2,178
I know exactly what to do with it,give it to me. :D I would start by making some braces from 1 and 1/2 inch x 1/8 inch L channel and rivet it in place of the seats.I use solid aluminum counter sunk aircraft rivets.They're only a few dollars per pound from www.aircraftspruce.com .You don't need no fancy bucking tools for a boat.Just a drop of 3M 5200,a heavy smooth flat faced hammer to buck against,and a small peen hammer to flatten the inside.just make sure to get the right size rivets that will fit tight in the holes or get oversize and redrill the holes.This is what I am going to have to do to my boat because the original bench seats have collapsed and split.I'm going to brace up and add decks and storage.There's some good photos and threads about doing this.I just can't remember what search term I used to find them.Maybe aluminum bracing or L channel.

:WELCOME: That's a sweet deal! Leave the seats out....lol, half the guys want to remove 'em, you want to put 'em back in :p

Deck the floor & go to the pin style removable seats. If you don't need extra seating, just remove 'em & you've got all kinds of floor space :wink:

ST

Hey basstin...Is it done yet? :mrgreen: Have you come-up with a game-plan?

ST

Sorry for the delay, i have been attending many weddings, changing jobs, and i am collecting my materials to start the project. I will take pics and info once the project is underway. thanks

lol....I was just yankin' yer chain alittle :p Hope you are able to get started on it soon.

ST

Latest posts