New reel

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Industry

Reaction score
I got my new reel in the mail today. I'm really exctited to try it on the water, but initial impressions in the driveway are very favorable. Reel is a Revo SX. I think it is last years model(no red on it). I got it for $105 shipped. The only complaint I have is that it was not listed as last years model. For $70 off retail I should have known. Is there any difference between last years and this years model other than cosmetic?

Casting on my lawn is unbelievably smooth. I paired it with an AMP rod(have to wait till next year to get my veritas). And strung it with some P-Line CX in 12lb test. I was using an old shimano baitcaster and this revo is worlds away from that.

Congrats on the new reel.
I have a Revo S on a Berkley lightning rod shock, 6-6 MH with 17lb floro. I love that set up. You don't necessarily need the most expensive stick in the world. I think I picked it up for $45 plus it had a rebate.

If I can recall, your assumption on the models is correct. I have this years SX with the red on it and it seems exactly the same as last years. I too have not had a chance to get it on the water, but casting in the yard is a dream! Virtually no nests and casts many different weights. I love my Abu's! Paired with my Vendetta, it's not only a machine, but looks awesome! I have the Veritas spinning paired with a Cardinal, you'll love it once you get it.

Revo SX
Revo Toro
Revo Toro Winch
Revo Winch

Latest posts