New River near McCoy Virginia

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a nice one. I have been dying to get some smallmouth this year, but rain has screwed up the creeks and rivers pretty much the whole summer. Of course the week we get no rain and the river is clear, I was on vacation :x Hopefully the conditions will be better this fall, the fish will be hitting better then anyway.

Yes it was really fun to bring in. He/she was a fighter who seemed to really like the area under my boat :D My 13 year old was with me and I thought he was gonna wet his shorts. I wish he had been the one to catch it. Being a new (its been 20 years since I have been out on a boat) fisherman...or should I say fisherperson... I was really surprised at the fight the fish put up. Best part about it was when he topped water....what a splash. Talk about getting the bug for fishin..Thanks for all the comments. FISH ON!!!

Ok, so here is a first, and probably last. Fishin by myself....caught a few small ones. My buddy calls, who is going to come down and join me a little later. I am talking to him on the phone when this one hits....I tell him to hold on, I have one. Put the phone down on speaker, and drag it in. :D Go figure!!!

Attachments

• Aug25_0001.jpg
    Aug25_0001.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 325
]Been having a blast the couple of months on the New River. Cold, Rain, Wind, or good weather it doesnt matter.Nov11_0005.jpg

I also caught my first Muskie, fishing for small mouth. Caught a 33 inch 10 lb. working a 4" Senko Watermelon on 2/0 hook. What a blast!!!

=D> =D> =D> Sweet....JIGGY....I fished yesterday caught 3 -15 inchers off one dock on a shallow crank and 2 more dinks tough day..... But thats fall fishing,,,,,JIGGY

Latest posts