NEW TIN..AND WOW AM I HAPPY!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fender66

Reaction score
I can't believe this is happening to me, but tonight I came home with my new (used) tin. Better than I deserve! Here's a little about it:

2008 1756JC Alweld (probably only in the water 10 times)
2000 Mercury Optimax JET 225HP (I think I could pull a couple skiers behind this) with less than 22 hours on it! Yes...this is hard to believe, but true!
Rivercraft trailer
Motorguide 24V trolling 65lb thrust
2 bank on board charger
and lots more.

I feel like I'm bragging, but trust me, I'm just sharing my joy....and believe me..there's lots of joy to share. Now I need to sell my current tin. I'll miss her, cause she's been a really good boat. Anyone looking for a 1648 Alumiweld with a 40HP Jet...let me know. I just need to finish the back deck project that I started last week and I'll have pics.

Here are a few pics of my new tin. Can't wait to get her in the water!

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 1,993
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 1,993
  • DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 1,993
  • DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 1,993
Nice!!! make sure to watch your bow stop, looks like that trailer is set up for a V. That stop can dent the front bottom of your TIN, when your traveling with it on a trailer.

JRHOADES20 said:
Nice!!! make sure to watch your bow stop, looks like that trailer is set up for a V. That stop can dent the front bottom of your TIN, when your traveling with it on a trailer.

Good catch.....in all my excitement I didn't even notice that. Some of the things I did catch and have fixed were:
I had them put an additional seat base in the floor so I can set 4 on the floor while traveling.
Livewell pump was burned up, so they installed a new one
Sharpened the stainless steel impeller to a razor's edge

Thanks for all the compliments

Nice. =D>

That 225 ought to make that boat scoot (probably won't pass the gas pumps at many marinas, though :lol: ).

Quackrstackr said:
Nice. =D>

That 225 ought to make that boat scoot (probably won't pass the gas pumps at many marinas, though :lol: ).

The previous owner said it would do about 55 mph....I don't really care about that. I want to GO FISH...not GO FAST. However...it will be fun for the family when I can't fish. It should have enough HP to pull tubes or skis. As for the gas.....that is a concern of mine, but it has a 30 gallon built in gas tank. That should still take me a while to burn, and it will be more efficient than my 40HP at full throttle which had to work harder for me to get anywhere at a decent speed. I will be able to throttle back a LOT and run more efficiently.

That's a sweet rig! She will scoot along pretty good no doubt. Did you pick it up from Troutt or from the original owner?

Seth said:
That's a sweet rig! She will scoot along pretty good no doubt. Did you pick it up from Troutt or from the original owner?

I found it through Troutt, but the original owner was there and I paid him directly. I guess you could say that Troutt acted as a broker. The previous owner has already ordered a new smaller jet that he can manage himself at the young age of 70. I though he was doing pretty good for the time I spent with him yesterday.

Wow.. I saw this boat and immediately showed my wife and told her I wanted one just like it man.. congrats on this boat it looks sweet and I bet it flies!

Queencitybassman said:
Wow.. I saw this boat and immediately showed my wife and told her I wanted one just like it man.. congrats on this boat it looks sweet and I bet it flies!

I should have said this before, but I have an amazing wife to let me get this. She never even blinked and that's amazing for someone who has only been out with me once before.

Now the boat....just returned from a test run with 2 buddies from work. Between the three of us we are pushing close to 700 pounds. I'm betting we were running at a top speed of 45-48mph. Actually scared me a bit. I have a lot to get used to with this much power. My fuel was also disappearing faster than you can say fill-er-up! It was run much harder then I would ever run it on a fishing trip too. WOW...what a ride.

Thanks again for all the encouragement.

Latest posts