Newbie Needs advice on using first fishfinder!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delmonte67

Reaction score
Bought a "like new" fishfinder from a buddy for $25, Its a Hummingbird LCR 400 ID portable, I mounted the transducer on the lower transom(exactly as instructed in my manual)- it works perfect! Need some advice on settings, alarms, sensitivity, what/where am I exactly seeing on my screen compared to where the transducer is on the back of the boat ect... Any help would be great! First boat- first fishfinder! Thanks D. 8)

Unless I'm missing something....didn't you say you have the instructions?
scif572.gif
It should explain all that, as well as turning-on the "auto" modes. Probably the best thing to do while you're learning the operation.

ST

Yea, I have the manual, but its super basic. I guess I just wanted a little more info on how everything works, I found some great websites that explain in **** good detail how everything does work. So rather than be slightly condescending, I figure I'll help anyone out who- like my dumb Firefighter/Paramedic simple self, (who goes to forums for help from his bros) might want to know a little more info on their fishfinder that they just bought! Heres a great website https://www.lowrance.com/Support/Tips-and-Tutorials/Sonar-Tutorial/ :twisted: (Yo Slimetime!......... Awesome boat!)

Awesome delmonte67 - thanks for the link.

I have some super duper Furuno on my offshore boat and it has so many features and settings that i have only learned a small portion (and forgot most of what I learned)

It is great when you are scoping 1000 feet of water for tuna but really overkill when I am inshore fluke fishing in less then 100 feet

Latest posts