Northern Pike bites

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seif5034

Reaction score
Took my 12' flat bottom out last weekend. My mom and I went out in the morning and I smoked her. I got a 15", 13", and 18" in the boat. she didn't catch anything until she switched to the same lure I was using (hot green buzzbait) she got a 15". My girlfriend and I went out later and caught her first Northern Pike so it was definately a good day. All were catch and release but they were a pretty good size for the lake we were fishing. :D

pics are below.

let's see if i can figure this out...sorry about the quality of the first three pics. I had to use my cell phone

pike2.jpg

I like to wear the glove just to make sure they don't bite my hand

momspike.jpg

htgrnbzzbaitwithtail.jpg

100_0530.jpg

my girlfriend and her fishy

Your mom is more hardcore - no glove!

They are some pretty looking fish - I have yet to catch one but soon (RIGHT MTNMAN!!!!)

Pike are fun, when the walleye and bass aren't biting up here, you can always have some fun dragging lindy rigs through the weeds for these things.

natetrack said:
Pike are fun, when the walleye and bass aren't biting up here, you can always have some fun dragging lindy rigs through the weeds for these things.
heck yes they are! I haven't ever caught pike like that before. usually I would do a little bass and bluegill but I think Pike and Bullhead catfish have taken over. They put up a nice little fight! I had to turn my drag up a little bit (not that i'm complaining) 8)

Latest posts