Old Door

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That latch is something! Can not say that I have come across that one before.

Door turned out real nice. Looks like it is ready to go another 100 or so years now.

I've never seen a knob or latch that looked like that. All the glass knobs I've seen have been clear or white so I would guess that one is pretty rare. The oldest lock/mechanism I've seen in person is the old iron box that mounted on the surface of one side of the door.

JMichael said:
I've never seen a knob or latch that looked like that. All the glass knobs I've seen have been clear or white so I would guess that one is pretty rare. The oldest lock/mechanism I've seen in person is the old iron box that mounted on the surface of one side of the door.

Neither have I. I've done some looking around on the net, but haven't seem anything like it. The knobs are porcelain, and I have seen pictures of similar ones on the net so I don't know how rare they might be. The latch goes up and down, not in and out, so that's kind of interesting. Most farmers were pretty fugal at that time so I doubt it was very expensive.