Onboard charger extension cables

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vader809

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone use an extension cable for onboard charger? any recommendations would help. I looked at Dual Pro and Min-Kota, trying to find an easy install.

I used an extension on my charger/boat set up. I have a dual bank 6amp charger which is located in the rod box close to the transom, and ran the extension up to the front for the TM battery. I used one of the mfr's extensions, easy to do and no problems for the past year, charges the batteries pretty fast.

My charger didn't have long enough leads and no extensions. I read their recommendations and it told me where it was acceptable to do so. I used a bit larger gauge wire to carry the load farther. I've had it hooked up 24/7 for about 3-4 months without any problems. I have taken the boat out several times and it charges everything back up.

I'd do some research and see what the manufacturer says.

I mounted my Minn Kota 2 bank under the deck near the TM battery. I used Minn Kota extensions according to their instructions (they supply butt splices and heat shrink) to connect my starting battery back at the transom. Been using it a couple months now with no problems.

Thanks ,I went with the Promariner extension cables,no splicing or soldering,just attach lugs together and snap in housing.Probably will run thru a junction box to keep water out.

Latest posts