Panfish

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fishin NJ said:
ya you are right jim the middle one does have more of a golden tone to it, prob more like the smallies.

Here is a pic of one my friend caught out of the river in central jersey, somerset county.

normal_fredfranklinbass.JPG
I'm pretty sure that's not a smallie :shock:

Hmmm...thats a weird fish. I would say its not a smallie, but I'm not sure what it is really. Looks like a huge rock bass to me. I have heard or smallies and rock bass cross breading, and that seems like it could be that.

I agree that the middle bait is the closest colorations. The thing is I think you would be better off looking at a smallmouth bass that is the same size of the bait, rather than a grown fish. While they do look similar, a fingerling has different marking. Come summer and I will take plenty of pics of two to three inch smallies. None the less, all of the patterns would definately catch fish, keep up the awesome paintjobs.

Fishin NJ said:
Well maybe it is not one then, i was unsure at the time it was caught do to the slight off color. But was then told it was do the area of the river it was caught in.

If some one else can chime in here and give me a id on this one i will take it, other wise i am just going to roll with the fact its a slightly off color smallie.

That's a Rock bass:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_bass

I've caught thousands throughout Western PA, Lake Erie. Almost always get into a bunch when targeting smallies.

Zman said:
Fishin NJ said:
Well maybe it is not one then, i was unsure at the time it was caught do to the slight off color. But was then told it was do the area of the river it was caught in.

If some one else can chime in here and give me a id on this one i will take it, other wise i am just going to roll with the fact its a slightly off color smallie.

That's a Rock bass:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_bass

I've caught thousands throughout Western PA, Lake Erie. Almost always get into a bunch when targeting smallies.

Agree! I think the red eye seals the deal!

Here is another interesting link on the fish! COOL CATCH none the less!

Rock Bass nick named "Red eye"

if you lip rock bass and flick your rist up and spin them in the air when in the water they get dizzy and swim in circles its funny

Yea i was gonna say its a rockbass but read on, and you guys called him out before I could. But that being said thats one of the biggest rockbasses ive ever, seen. Dont got them in the waters i fish so I havent seen many but nice fish.
Oh yea this was about the smallmouth baits from pc, yea they look ok i guess. (dont let on that you think there good he might up the price). I think I like the last one the most still undecided.

I have caught smallies that have gone from bronze to almost back in color
and then ones that look white catch the in the grass and you get a greenish tint..

Wayne

Yeah that's a rock bass. I have caught them that size before... I have a photograph (not digital, I can take a pic of it though). The body is way too short and "stubby" to be a smallmouth.

ive never tried it but fished next to some one who did the one i did catch hit hard and was a good fight for a little guy. i dident really pay attention to the features but i think mine was darker.and about 4 inches(not counting the one that exploded at meril creek poor soul lost its life in battle :cry: :cry: )

By the way, I like the third one's pattern best, but the second one's color best. :wink:

SMDave said:
By the way, I like the third one's pattern best, but the second one's color best. :wink:

I agree for the most part. You could probably have 3-4 different patterns for small mouth bass and still not have it covered.

I think if you can only do one, it would be some combo of that pattern in the 3rd (maybe not the fake scales on the back as we discussed) and the bronze/brown color from the 2nd.