Pizza, its whats for breakfast!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bearsphan3.14 said:
Thanks for the dough recipe BA. =D> I tried it last night, and it was mighty tasty. Now I have to learn how to hand toss pizza

Thanks for the update, and if you need a recipe for a dough that is more suited to hand tossing let me know. The last dough is tasty but is a bit too wet to hand toss IMO

Do you use a roller?
I made a pizza Thursday and some breakfast pizzas Sunday for the wife. They have all been rectangles :evil:

bearsphan3.14 said:
Do you use a roller?
I made a pizza Thursday and some breakfast pizzas Sunday for the wife. They have all been rectangles :evil:

No, i did at first but quickly found it ruins the crumb so I started making wetter doughs because they stretch better. What are u cooking it on, maybe I can give u a few tips?

bearsphan3.14 said:
Cooking on a stone. I'll take any tips I can get.
Knowledge is key

For cooking on a stone I like to score a piece of parchment paper using the stone as a template. Then preheat the stone at 525-550 for 1/2 to an hour. For stretching the dough I flour the counter and dust the dough then I define my crust and push out the middle using the parchment as a template. If its wet enough I can usually push the middle out using nothing more then my fingers. But if its too dry I usually resort to letting it stretch my hanging sections of the dough over the counter then rotate it little by little. When its to size ill sauce n cheese the stretched skin right on top of the parchment paper and slide it on the stone. Then after about 3-4 minutes you can pull the paper right out from under the pie. Hope this helps, ill post a few youtube video that helped me when I get on my laptop

yea thats one of the better ones, heres a few others i like as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbkfDqA8yKg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vywgFiREusA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuZty-VH8LI&feature=related

Here is also a very nice dry dough that will be good for hand tossing practice, after kneading ball it then give it a 3 day ferment in the fridge. let it warm for a few hours before you stretch it tho.

Pete-zza Mack & Mangos clone

KABF/VWG Blend* (100%): 326.49 g | 11.52 oz | 0.72 lbs
Water (55%): 179.57 g | 6.33 oz | 0.4 lbs
IDY (0.20%): 0.65 g | 0.02 oz | 0 lbs | 0.22 tsp | 0.07 tbsp
Salt (2%): 6.53 g | 0.23 oz | 0.01 lbs | 1.17 tsp | 0.39 tbsp
Olive Oil (5%): 16.32 g | 0.58 oz | 0.04 lbs | 3.63 tsp | 1.21 tbsp
Sugar (1.5%): 4.9 g | 0.17 oz | 0.01 lbs | 1.23 tsp | 0.41 tbsp
Total (163.7%): 534.46 g | 18.85 oz | 1.18 lbs | TF = 0.0833452
Single Ball: 267.23 g | 9.43 oz | 0.59 lbs

* The KABF/VWG Blend comprises 317.40 grams (11.20 ounces) of King Arthur bread flour (KABF) and 9.09 grams (0.32 ounces) of Hodgson Mill vital wheat gluten (3 t.),
Dough is for two 12” inch pizzas; the corresponding nominal thickness factor = 0.08252; bowl residue compensation = 1%

Sorry about the gram measurements, my pizza forum likes them for accuracy and ease of conversion.

Thanks to BA the pizzas are tasting good.
2011-05-31183826.jpg

2011-05-31183847.jpg

Na, it's a tweaked version of your original recipe. I have all the stuff for that one already. Plus, I experiment with different types and styles of beers. I will have to try the M&M clone after I get my sauce recipe dialed in.
Again, thanks mang

BBQ chicken pizza on the grill. This bad boy cooked up in 5 minutes. The only problem I had was, I couldn't get the uncooked pie off the sheet I prepared it on #-o
2011-06-04165717.jpg

Okay, BA and Capt Ahab...... I just got the name of the very best pizza joint in Chicago - private, not a chain, I'm not going to tell you about the crust - let you find out for yourselves when you are in Chi-Town and having pizza for lunch or dinner..... but the deep dish crust is like something you have never had before - it is the best ever -- My son says the blackened caramelized crust is laced with cocaine, cause it is addicting :) --------- BA will have to steal the recipe :)

My son works in the City and takes advantage of their lunch specials a couple times a week.

Here's the really ironic part -------- the name is Pequad's ..... Capt Ahab most definitely has to go there for Chicago pizza, don't you think????

They have two locations, you gotta go the the one on Clynbourn Ave in Lincoln Park....

Chicago Pequod's
(773) 327-1512
2207 N. Clybourn Ave.
Chicago, IL 60614
[email protected]

Let me know when your in Chicago -- I'll meet up with you for pizza :) :) Maybe Popeye and some other locals can make it too.

Oh yeah, buy a Pequod's hat as a souvenir :) :)

bearsphan3.14 said:
BBQ chicken pizza on the grill. This bad boy cooked up in 5 minutes. The only problem I had was, I couldn't get the uncooked pie off the sheet I prepared it on #-o
2011-06-04165717.jpg

Great looking pie!!! What temp did u cook her at?

FishingCop said:
Okay, BA and Capt Ahab...... I just got the name of the very best pizza joint in Chicago - private, not a chain, I'm not going to tell you about the crust - let you find out for yourselves when you are in Chi-Town and having pizza for lunch or dinner..... but the deep dish crust is like something you have never had before - it is the best ever -- My son says the blackened caramelized crust is laced with cocaine, cause it is addicting :) --------- BA will have to steal the recipe :)

My son works in the City and takes advantage of their lunch specials a couple times a week.

Here's the really ironic part -------- the name is Pequad's ..... Capt Ahab most definitely has to go there for Chicago pizza, don't you think????

They have two locations, you gotta go the the one on Clynbourn Ave in Lincoln Park....

Chicago Pequod's
(773) 327-1512
2207 N. Clybourn Ave.
Chicago, IL 60614
[email protected]

Let me know when your in Chicago -- I'll meet up with you for pizza :) :) Maybe Popeye and some other locals can make it too.

If im not mistaking here is a pequods pie

the-sausage-and-onion.jpg

which will be on my to try list, but for now im still trying to perfect a Jim Beam pizza (my first experiments did not go so well)............................. Ill also be buying dave a pretty pink pequods hat :LOL2:

BassAddict said:
bearsphan3.14 said:
2011-06-04165717.jpg

Great looking pie!!! What temp did u cook her at?

FishingCop said:

Chicago Pequod's
(773) 327-1512
2207 N. Clybourn Ave.
Chicago, IL 60614
[email protected]

If im not mistaking here is a pequods pie

the-sausage-and-onion.jpg

which will be on my to try list, but for now im still trying to perfect a Jim Beam pizza (my first experiments did not go so well)............................. Ill also be buying dave a pretty pink pequods hat :LOL2:

Can't wait to see Ahab in the pink Pequad's hat.... and yes, thet certainly looks like the Pequad's deep dish, specialty burnt crust pizza..... yummmmmm

BTW, where did you get that pic of the Pequad's pie?????

Latest posts