Pods added to transom?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Custom built to EXACT measurements and angles I gave them, cut by CNC machine, tig welded, pressure tested, bent so there are less welds and much cheaper than ANY local welding shops that don't even have CNC equipment. $460 shipped to my door from Florida to Texas from Boyd's Welding.
Keep in mind you only gain positive floatation with the anount of pod below the water. 60# per square foot of air space.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398099886.117223.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1398099960.899273.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1398099998.199283.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1398100027.515763.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1398100078.582955.jpg

Sweet, I would love to convert my boat to a tunnel, I should consider trading it in.

Just got mine back from the welder. Haven't had it on the water yet, but here's what the small sized beavertail pods from cabelas look like on a 1542.

20140425_192535_zpsbo6xrxig.jpg

2nd question: Is there enough room for your outboard to turn all the way right and left? By the way, the pods look TERRIFIC! I'm sure I will do mine the same way.

Ranchero50 said:
Pods help the rear of the hull float higher at rest. They also move the wetted center of buoyancy further back so the hull planes out and comes off plane flatter.

On mine I stepped my pods up 1" from the bottom and it caused me some porpoising problems. I ended up making some full size tabs that I could adjust to make the hull run best. Single person, my hull is light int he front end at 45 mph, it's skittish if I'm running into a wind. Two people it's very stable and smooth.

P1010190.jpg

Can you just scream through slop with that set up..or are there water intake concerns. That rig looks like the next best thing to an airboat for the skinny.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=350253#p350253 said:
DMGO » 26 Apr 2014, 16:36[/url]"]What are those pipes that appear to be attached to each pod near the center?

The pipes are my take on a poor mans power pole shallow water anchor. They are there so I can drop a pole through them and stake the boat off in shallow water rather than using the trolling motor.

There is more than enough space for the motor turn. The pods were actually a lot larger than I expected them to be and appear to be really well made.

Latest posts