Polar Kraft 1652 Build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etindoll

Reaction score
I got started on my build Saturday morning. I got the floor put in and started putting aluminum on the sides. Here is a couple of picture of my progress so far.

Attachments

• IMG_0326.JPG
    IMG_0326.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 1,308
  • IMG_0328.JPG
    IMG_0328.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 1,308
So I have been working on the front casting deck this week and I have been able to get all of the aluminum framing done. And started putting the aluminum sheething on it. I am going to look like Popeye before I get though with this rivet guns got to love them. Anyway I have also relocated the battery to the front under the deck. I will post pictures of the progress tomorrow I left my camera at home today.

Great looking boat man. PolarKrafts are sturdy as can be and yours appears to be built very stout. Seems like you are losing a fair bit of floor space by adding skins to the sidewall.

Ictalurus said:
Great looking boat man. PolarKrafts are sturdy as can be and yours appears to be built very stout. Seems like you are losing a fair bit of floor space by adding skins to the sidewall.

I am losing a little but I am going to carpet the sides to try to make it cooler and I still have about 40" of floor space side to side. They are very easy to remove if later I don't like it and the material was free so I thought I would try it.

I got a lot of work done on the boat last week I forgot to take pictures before I put the aluminum over the structural part of the decks. I haven't come up with a name yet and still don't know what color I want to paint it I think I may leave it as is until winter and then paint it.

Attachments

• front deck.JPG
    front deck.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 932
  • rear deck.JPG
    rear deck.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 932
I have started putting down my carpet. The only think that I am not happy with is where the extension of the front deck and the original front deck meet you can see a seem. But anyhow it will work. I ran out of glue so the carpet in the floor isn't glued down yet that is why there is wrinkles in it. I should be done with the carpet today or tomorrow I have to be done by Friday because my son and I are going fishing in Muscle Shoals.

Attachments

• Front Deck1.JPG
    Front Deck1.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 847
  • Front Deck2.JPG
    Front Deck2.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 847
  • Floor Carpet.JPG
    Floor Carpet.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 847

Latest posts