Portable fish finder

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, they have their own 12 v battery.I have a Humminbird color portable and i made an extension cord with a plug and can be pluged into the on-board 12 v plugs that tapps into the main starting battery.
Dan :D

I looked at a portble FF at my local CanadianTire store, and it had a pole that is c-clamped. To the gunnels for the transducer. Do any of the portable systems have a wired transducer or are they all based on this submerged/attached pole? I guess what Im after is a FF that doesnt rely on a separate battery system,but also mounts like a tradtional FF with a hull mounted transducer.

TheMaestro said:
I guess what Im after is a FF that doesnt rely on a separate battery system,but also mounts like a tradtional FF with a hull mounted transducer.
The Humminbird PiranhaMax portable, like the 160 Model, comes with it's own battery and an XPT-9-20-T transducer that mounts to the transom with a suction cup. I think you could replace the suction cup mount with a standard XNT type transducer mount, like the MHX XNT, but you'd need to check with Humminbird to be sure that it's a compatible mount for that transducer.

Edit: HBird has portable models in the 300 and 500 series too

Latest posts