Possible project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eshaw

Reaction score
I've been looking for quite a while now for a larger boat. I'd like it to be a multi-purpose boat. I've located a aluminum deck boat that's been sitting a couple of years. I'm not concerned with the furniture at all, it will probably be scrapped. I want it for a large stable platform. I figure it will make a decent 19 foot boat with a couple large casting decks and good size walkarounds. It has a decent looking trailer from the pics and a 96/97 Johnson 90 on it that hasn't been run in a while. It's a couple hundred miles from me so I need to take a lot of things with me. I'm bringing a compression gage, spark plug wrench, air bubble, tire wrench, battery, etc. I don't know if the tires will be weather checked or not but it's been sitting 2 years so I'm assuming they're trash. I'll be doing a visual inspection of the hull which I assume will be riveted, it's a 97 Lowe 19 footer. Then I plan on walking around on the deck to see if they're are any soft spots that will need addressed and checking out the transom.

Can anyone suggest a good way to get the motor to crank if there aren't any keys? Anything else I'm not thinking about? Thanks guys

search vintage lowe boat catalogs. I did, this is what I found. It would be a great boat. It might have an aluminum floor instead of plywood. Lasts forever, difficult to re-carpet. If the transom is rotten, Lowes are a pain in the butt to replace because of the welded transom.

Attachments

• LOWE.jpg
    LOWE.jpg
    149.2 KB
Thanks for that info! Appreciate it. Guy sold the boat so the search continues. Anyone happen to know if the Lowes were welded or riveted?

Latest posts