Post storm fishing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnappi

Reaction score
So far fishing is not good.

The water conditions have deteriorated. The water is dark and dirty, and levels have dropped severely and I think this is forcing bait fish out of the shallows into deeper water making feeding easier for larger fish.

I've caught and released a couple of 10"-12" LMB's, my gf's son landed a small snake head and a decent sized bass, but over several days of fishing it's got a long way to go.

Anyone here in storm affected areas seeing the same slow fishing or an improvement?

We didn't get a direct hit or anything, but we got a decent amount of surge. It was enough to churn up our water, and push the fish out to the ocean.

Right now, fishing stinks. Nobody in the area is catching much in the areas where we fish.

We fish the tidal creeks... redfish, trout, flounder. In three trips out since the storm, we have caught a single keeper, a 17" flounder that my wife caught.

We'll be trying again this weekend, and I hope it picks up.

Well, even with the trees down all over the banks and the junk in the dirty water, today was a good one. A nice 20" or so took my lure, and I missed a couple. Tough shoreline fishing with so much tree debris in the water and on the banks. Funny, all the larger LMB's I've caught this year were skinny, while the Peacocks have been fat.

lmb_9_29_17as.jpg

lmb_9_29_17bs.jpg

Latest posts