power tilt......not to beat a dead horse

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

00 mod

Reaction score
I have a question about power tilt.

my engine is a 2011 mercury 25 4s efi. I found out today that while trying to get into really skinny water, that darn thing is heavy! Is there any power tilt that will not affect the motor when hitting something unforeseen like a stump or the bottom? I still want it to be able to kick up in this case. Not that I plan on this, but when running skinny water it is a possibility!

I was thinking something that acted like a piston that would extend from the transom and push out on the motor, but would have no effect on it still being able to "kick up".

HELP!!!

Jeff

CMC makes a power tilt/trim unit for outboards under 35 hp. It bolts right to the transom, and the outboard bolts onto it, just as it would onto a transom, then tilts the whole motor (transom mounting bracket, and all). Therefore, you still have the tilt lock/unlock capabilities that are on the outboard, but have trim and tilt as well.

https://www.basspro.com/CMC-PT35-Tilt-and-Trim/product/16087/136700

so basically this allows the motor to be power trimmed up from a switch and still kick up when you hit something?

Jeff

Yep, the motor bolts to it just as it would a transom, so any tilt lock or unlock on the motor would still function as usual.

Latest posts