Prepare to salivate...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking bow man! Good luck with it. What did something like that cost?

Im still looking to get one, but I just cant justify paying a grand for a setup right now.

Well over a grand with everything on it. Prolly gonna shell out another 200 to send it to the BowXperts to get a set of strings and have them super tune it. They did a great job with my truth II.

Nice looking bow dyeguy!!!!! Just curious, I know you were a little miffed at the Bear company or at least some problems you were having with your Bear bow, what was it that made you choose another Bear bow and not something else?? Hope you get some turkey with your new bow,

Well Bear redesigned their limbs for this bow and the attack. They did away with the "quad-flare" crap, which was what the issue was. Put too much stress on one specific spot. Since they, they've moved to these limbs with max preload. I am a sucker for a bow that has a ton of stored energy when just sitting in the case.

When it came down to it, I've always been happy with the craftsmanship of Bear bows overall, and I've been well taken care of when I did run into an issue. I though about a bowtech, but I've read COUNTLESS horror stories about their customer service. They seem to have a list a mile long of ways you can void your warranty. I believe one of them was custom strings, which was a deal breaker. Stock strings on all bows are garbage IMO, and will need to be replaced within the first year.

All the other brands weren't even being considered. Mathews is overpriced (and relatively slow) (and that riser design makes me gag), I've never been a fan of any of the hoyts I've shot, and there are other smaller companies I considered, but the Carnage wins overall. Wanted to try one of the new G5's, but they want a grand for the bare bow. Ain't happenin.

There aren't many bows that can hit 345 IBO. Most that can, have a 6 inch brace height and dual cams. This bow has a 7.25 inch BH and is a solo cam. It's just unheard of right now. Bear is really on top of their game right now.

The list continues, like how stable the bow is at full draw, how smooth the draw is, and how insanely quiet it is. I'd love to see something official come out, showing the decibels of today's top bows. I'm 99.9% sure the Carnage would lead the pack. Plus, its absolutely shock free. Not even the slightest vibration after the shot. Had to achieve when its slinging arrows that fast.

Moar.

Attachments

• DSCF2046.jpg
    DSCF2046.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 1,574
  • DSCF2054.jpg
    DSCF2054.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 1,574
  • DSCF2048.jpg
    DSCF2048.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 1,574
  • DSCF2051.jpg
    DSCF2051.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 1,574
  • DSCF2050.jpg
    DSCF2050.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 1,574
  • DSCF2055.jpg
    DSCF2055.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 1,574
  • DSCF2063.jpg
    DSCF2063.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 1,574
  • DSCF2059.jpg
    DSCF2059.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 1,574
  • DSCF2065.jpg
    DSCF2065.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 1,574
MAN!!!!! I have not bow hunted for about 15 years and let me tell you something, these bows have come a long way. My family has been talking about bows recently and after seeing these pics I'm more and more interested. My fiance will KILL me if I bring home a $1000 bow.

What is a realistic price range to get a nice bow for bow fishing?

Your best bet is to check archerytalk.com's classifieds for a used bow for bow fishing, in my opinion. I don't know how serious you are about bowfishing, but I wouldn't be spending more than 300 bucks on a complete set up for bow fishing.

As for bow hunting, you can get least year's, or the year before's models, brand new, for dirt cheap. They aren't all that much different from current models, other than the fact that they're 60% off :wink:

Member Rick James has a badass Bowtech for sale in the classifieds here in TB.. If I had the dough I'd be buying it right now.

Sounds like Bear has done a great job on making the right changes. congrats on your new bow and hope you can whack some deer and turkeys with it.

Very nice!!

I have the Bear Strike, absolutely love it. If I was going to buy any bow today, it would be a Bear. You can't beat the bang for the buck on these bows.

That thing is SWEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!! I love that black shadow series a lot better than the camo. I sold my Bear and bought a Diamond. It is light years ahead of my old TRX but nothing compared to the Carnage!!

Pretty nice.. shot a buck and couple does with it this year, all what I would call perfect shots. Liked it enough to talk my buddy into dumping his 2011 Mathews to buy a Carnage 8)

Definitely the best shooting bow I've ever tried. It fits me really well and holds on target like a rock. The Posten stab seemed to help with buck fever as well.

The picture below was taken the first week of October.. since then I've added over 50 pre-made patties (some with minced onion), 30-some pounds of loose meat waiting to be made into restructured jerky, and of course the straps and tenders.

Attachments

• burger.jpg
    burger.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,253
2012 buck deer.jpgHere's my buck from Wisconsin this year. Have been enjoying him and his sisters for months. I like doing my own processing, but as some of you know it takes a lot of time and effort to process but most rewarding.

Latest posts