Progressive Snapshot

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fool4fish1226 said:
BassAddict said:
fender66 said:
Second...I was checking out YOUR boobs. No wonder you never leave the house.

Tuesday nights you can find me at the Starlight lounge, stop by if you're interested. I'll let you buy me a drink!

Well with it being thursday what should we call you? I have always liked the name bambie - oh and by the way green is your color :LOL2:

Ive always just been Denny on Thursdays since i haven't found a ladies night worth dressing up for.......... YET!

BassAddict said:
[

Ive always just been Denny on Thursdays since i haven't found a ladies night worth dressing up for.......... YET!

D1298~Ladies-Night-Posters.jpg

So did you ever get the truck - I bet not!

Another wasted space post by Denny

BAN HIM BAN HIM NOW

DO IT DO IT DOIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Progressive was the LAST insurance company left, I'd go with no insurance at all. Possibly the worst company I've ever had to deal with and I've dealt with a bunch. Best-tie between Farm Bureau and State Farm. Worst is by far Progressive. For many reasons. I work on stuff...boats, motors, ATV's, motorcycles, etc. So Progressive is usually the company most people go with because of their advertising. Noone thinks of the other companies. I get to be the middle man between the insurance company and the customer...and Progressive is not the company I want to have to work with. I've actually turned away jobs because of Progressive. They don't like it, the customer doesn't like it, but unfortunately for both of them, our bottom line is profit. If we don't turn a profit, we can't serve our customers. And progressive agents are ALWAYS looking for a way to cut into my margin. We have actually lost customers over Progressive's tactics. We go by manufacturer's flat rates. Progressive goes by THEIR flat rates and they're always less. We sell NEW parts and Progressive will buy salvage yard parts and ask us to install them.

I did a 90 HP Yamaha lower unit a few years ago, guy was insured through progressive. He had hit a rock jetty and tore up the entire foot, housing, gears, everything. New foot from Yamaha was $1700 and change. Progressive bought a USED foot (broken skeg) and wanted me to install it on the customer's new motor. I called customer, explained it, he was highly upset. So then we had to pull all the guts out and put the guts into a new housing so it would look normal. Got it apart, bearings were toasted from low lube level. This was all after they'd aready bought the foot from the salvage company, so they were out (1) the price of the salvaged foot which was $850, (2) the labor for me to install it multiple times, which was $250, (3) the new housing, which was $500, and (4) all of the internal parts including the prop shaft, which totalled about $480. So they spent $2100 on a foot which was $1700 brand new (plus $37 labor), and was warranted by the manufacturer..where the salvage garbage had zero warranty. And they lost 2 customers. Me and the guy who owned the rig.

Couple weeks ago I did a claim for a 25 Yamaha 2 stroke that the owner hit a stump, kicked the motor up and took out the swivel bracket. He was insured through Farm Bureau. They took pics, filed it, cut a check and asked us to call the customer when it was done. No other questions. The entire transaction was very, very smooth-which is typical of Farm Bureau (at least on our end). No salvage yard parts either.

progressive had/has a clause in their agreement that says that they can source parts; basically from whereever they want, meaning they could very well be used parts if that's what's the cheapest for them. Their rates are cheap, but they're cheap for a reason. It would not surprise me to read their agreement and see where they could deny medical coverage because one hospital charges more than another one that's 100 miles away. THey have to keep their costs low in order to keep the premiums down.