PVC Rod Rack

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devilmutt

Reaction score
Took the day off from work today and built a rod rack for the back of my truck, now I can get seven foot rods in my five foot truck bed. I plan to add a strip of carpet along the top where the rods make contact with the PVC.

luckyeights said:
Good looking rack. 1-1/2 PVC I assume?

I used 1-1/4". Most of the rods still have a little play, but I do have some BPS rods with powerhump grips that are snug.

I surf fish, so I see a lot of rod rack combinations out on the beach. You did some nice work. It really looks good for little money. I think adding the carpet will work fine.

Just a couple of things. Be sure to secure it to your truck bed during transport (I know I really don't have to tell you that!) :oops: and don't leave your valuable rods unattended when you stop somewhere, like a restaurant or sump'n. A lot of guys have lost their rigs to thieves when they have stopped to have a burger.

the truck bed has rails on the sides and floor with movable tie down points, I plan to use these to secure the rack to the bed. as for the thieves :evil: , I always keep a close eye on my gear, and only stop at places that leave me a clear view of the vehicle and boat. I guess the chance is always there, but I always attempt to minimize it. I have a very low tolerance for thieves.

Latest posts