Quick Pastrami - Smoked Corned Beef

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=318507#p318507 said:
fool4fish1226 » 2 minutes ago[/url]"]Because this tread came back to life I am going to try another one this weekend - Its already in the frig rubbed and ready to go - lets compare how they turn out and share the recipes and how they were cooked. Smoke On :beer:

I'll be the OFFICIAL TASTE TESTER AND JUDGE.....

When you guys are finished....wrap them up and send 'em my way!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=318507#p318507 said:
fool4fish1226 » Yesterday, 15:56[/url]"]Because this tread came back to life I am going to try another one this weekend - Its already in the frig rubbed and ready to go - lets compare how they turn out and share the recipes and how they were cooked. Smoke On :beer:
Sounds like a plan to me. I just got a new smoker and a meat slicer. I ready to get serious! Just got to get it put together and seasoned. I used the new slicer and made some jerky last night. Naw'n on a piece right now :D

MOE said:
I read a little about curing it. I have to admitt, I scared to try it. Something about leaving meat in the fridge for weeks.

Doesn't take weeks, maybe a week tops, I also cure pork bellies and hams. The salt and nitrites/nitrates keep the meat from spoiling, this is the reason corned beef is corned...corned means salt.

And my slicer is an Anvil 12" 1/2 HP, weighs about 80 pounds.

Sounds like you have the real deal there cga. Mine is the one Academy sells made by LEM. 7 1/2" I think and can slice up to .6" thick. I have only used it once but so far I like it. It does slide on the counter a little but I'm sure I can work that out.

MOE said:
Sounds like you have the real deal there cga. Mine is the one Academy sells made by LEM. 7 1/2" I think and can slice up to .6" thick. I have only used it once but so far I like it. It does slide on the counter a little but I'm sure I can work that out.

Only 1/2-3/4" max thickness on mine too, but it's how thin it will go...

Picked my anvil up on CL for $200.